Frustrated former Wordsearch Customer

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 46 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 973
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2020 7:05 PM

xnman:

I don't why I'm being told "Silver" either.... but I called 2 x and was told he same thing by 2 different sales people.... I don't mind mistakes.... I make some myself.... but trends are different... and I would think when I am told "Silver" by 2 different sales people... who should know pricing and packages..  well... I call it a trend... right or wrong.

One of the issues, I think, with WS people is that we were inadvertently placed into some package, no matter what we had in WS...  I just think that overall... we were placed in too low a package....  INHO...

Thanks again for your comments.

Edit:  So I  called Logos Sales a third time and verified that Bible Browser feature is only available in Silver Package....  Them sales people seemed to stick together on that.... Crying

Could there be confusion between the Bible Browser tool (available in Bronze) and the Bible Books Explorer interactive (new to Logos 9, available in Silver)? Maybe that's what the salespeople are thinking you're referring to. But according to the feature comparison page, Bible Browser is in Bronze, and the new Bible Books Explorer is in Silver (it's also in the Academic Feature Upgrade, which is what I purchased since it was cheaper for me than Silver).

Posts 14
LogosEmployee
Brian Kent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2020 7:40 AM

xnman:

I don't why I'm being told "Silver" either.... but I called 2 x and was told he same thing by 2 different sales people.... I don't mind mistakes.... I make some myself.... but trends are different... and I would think when I am told "Silver" by 2 different sales people... who should know pricing and packages..  well... I call it a trend... right or wrong.

One of the issues, I think, with WS people is that we were inadvertently placed into some package, no matter what we had in WS...  I just think that overall... we were placed in too low a package....  INHO...

Edit:  So I  called Logos Sales a third time and verified that Bible Browser feature is only available in Silver Package....  Them sales people seemed to stick together on that.... Crying

Hello xnman. My name is Brian, I work as the manager for our sales department here in the Bellingham office. I apologize for the confusion here. The others in this thread are correct in saying the Bible Browser tool is in the Bronze package. Whether there is confusion with the Bible Books Explorer or something misrepresenting this features location on an internal document, we have not communicated this correctly to you. I am sorry for that mistake.

Our sales team that works hard to serve our customers well and the WordSearch transition has been no different. It's been an honor to serve all of you over these last months in your transition  to Logos. We're excited to have you part of the Faithlife family. But if we give wrong information, our hard work can't result in the service expectation we have set. I will be looking into this further to find out where the disconnect happened with the Bible Browser explanation. Providing you the best service possible is crucial, making sure the team is equipped do that is on me.

I will also be reaching out to you directly, so please keep an eye out for an email from me in the next few minutes.

Posts 1530
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 7:44 AM

Brian Kent (Faithlife):

xnman:

Hello xnman. My name is Brian, I work as the manager for our sales department here in the Bellingham office. I apologize for the confusion here. The others in this thread are correct in saying the Bible Browser tool is in the Bronze package. Whether there is confusion with the Bible Books Explorer or something misrepresenting this features location on an internal document, we have not communicated this correctly to you. I am sorry for that mistake.

Our sales team that works hard to serve our customers well and the WordSearch transition has been no different. It's been an honor to serve all of you over these last months in your transition  to Logos. We're excited to have you part of the Faithlife family. But if we give wrong information, our hard work can't result in the service expectation we have set. I will be looking into this further to find out where the disconnect happened with the Bible Browser explanation. Providing you the best service possible is crucial, making sure the team is equipped do that is on me.

I will also be reaching out to you directly, so please keep an eye out for an email from me in the next few minutes.

xnman, it looks like you found the help from Faithlife that you need and that Brian will be taking good care of you.  I hope everyone's effort to assist you has helped to lessen the frustration you have experienced.  

My first experience with Logos goes back to 2008... I think it was version 3.  I also bought into some lesser expensive Bible software apps (Quick Verse and WORDsearch) about the same time.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough free time to make much use of any of the applications until about 2011.  At that time I started comparing the Bible apps I had.  My wallet voted loud and clear for WORDsearch, but the features available in Logos seemed more in line with the benefits I was hoping to get out of Bible Software.  The features that finally pulled me firmly into the Logos software camp were the reverse interlinear Bibles and the ability to do searches and word studies based on Hebrew and Greek lemmas.

I did continue to upgrade my WORDsearch software and buy a few resources there (yes, the prices were very attractive), but I almost always found myself in/using Logos.  I also found the Logos forum a wonderful place for help.  The people here have always been fantastic.

I hope that as the months tic by you'll find your frustrations fading and the value of the software growing on you.  And while the resources in Logos are more expensive than they were in WORDsearch, I hope you'll find the value from the way all the resource tagging is integrated into the software to prove worth the increased cost.  But Faithlife does offer some excellent special sales throughout the year, and when combined with the resource discounts often available via Pre-Pub pricing, Community Pricing, and free monthly resources they offer, it can do a lot to mitigate the otherwise higher resource prices.

When combined with the fact that Faithlife upgrades you free of charge to the new application engine/interface for new versions of the software  without you having to spend a dime (unless you want to purchase new features introduced in the new version), I think they do work hard to provide their customers with some great options to stay on the most current release of the software at little to no ongoing expense.

Posts 344
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 2:02 PM

I am humbled and impressed.  I did not mean to cause so much problem. One thing is certain... Logos people answer problems!

My wife and I are sick and quarantined because of cvid-19 which has caused me to be slow to answer, but I do appreciate all the help.  

Thanks to all

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 1530
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 2:37 PM

xnman:

I am humbled and impressed.  I did not mean to cause so much problem. One thing is certain... Logos people answer problems!

My wife and I are sick and quarantined because of cvid-19 which has caused me to be slow to answer, but I do appreciate all the help.  

Thanks to all

Hope you're both well soon!

Posts 2074
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 5:04 PM

Get well soon!

This may be a useful link for you as well:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193917/1118044.aspx#1118044 

Nathan Parker

Posts 830
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2020 11:12 AM

Rene Atchley:
Indeed Logos is annoying, expensive, counter intuitive, and generally an indirect piece of software that takes several steps where one could suffice.  However, it doesn't matter since the business model of the company is making money (I suppose) and its not going to change unless the ownership changes.  In a way my best advice is to accept the world of bells, whistles, fancy charts, predigested pabulum databases, and settle down for the ride...if you can. 

No offense Rene, but this cracks me, LOL. Is true Logos is not cheap, and has its particularities, but  I  imagine another viewpoint less fatist...

I wonder how many monks, and believers of the past would have been willing to exchange a lot, to get a tool such as Logos... Variety of resources available both from old and recent, in a wide variety of traditions and denominations, and with the ability to do proximity search that facilitates finding important information fast.

It is a dream come true, and available to us. If it was available to them I could picture them in my mind praying... God let me get ultimate, I want it to be able to search all and retain what is good... LOL.

And most likely through their earnest faith, they would have probably gotten it if it was available.

Like a History teacher of us, that wisely said: Kings and royalty of antiquity, only dreamed of moving the way we do driving the cars we have now. use the clothes we can use now, and have it so good as we have it now... [extremely rough paraphrase]...

We got his point, and started to appreciate more what we have available to us now. 

Do not take it wrong, there are good and bad things, to be fair, we also have to list some of the good...  Having a whole library of cool resources at your fingertips... is so incredible, just  more discipline to schedule designated time to study more is needed to really get into awesome theological explorations.

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS