Logos 9 Personal Book Builder Incompatible with Logos 8

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26379
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2020 1:45 PM

Darrell G. Eson:
Having all that out of the way, and hoping you are "on board" with my pov, what I would like is an answer to my bewilderment over what L9 CS did to me that consisted of me waiting for the right replay for me to spill my guts out over something that could be an easy fix.

I'll get a Faithlife Developer to discuss this with you.

Darrell G. Eson:
Ok, it's fine if I walk away with egg on my face, at least I found truth, and an answer.

Does this mean that you no longer have issues with L9 PBB?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 31326
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2020 4:31 PM

Darrell G. Eson:
Running L8 just fine.  Months later, learned there was L9 for upgrade.  After loading L9 I continued on with what I was doing in PBBs.  After some builds I was going to go somewhere and I wanted to bring my portable.  Having a L9 nubie knowledge of how I could get my builds to another comp, I understood how "Uploading" worked and discovered the "Upload" button ghosted.  L9 CS chat lead me to discovering the beginning of CS "shoulder shrugging" and after many different times of connecting with L9 chat I wasn't able to properly communicate my problem to them until the last, after many, phone calls with CS that they feed me the crap I originally posted with.  All this, coupled with other posters terse response, didn't leave me with a good taste in my mouth.

Thank you - I now have a reasonable understanding of what happened and can understand your frustration. I suspect that you and the customer service representive did a fair amount of talking past each other without recognizing it. I often have that problem in a different guise - I tend to be overly precise in what I say and customer representives (of many companies) assume I am being sloppy and circle around a bit before realizing I said precisely what I meant.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3186
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 4:33 PM

Hi Darrell,

I'm very sorry this has been a long, arduous process. I see in the notes from your first interaction with CS that we asked you to try to recompile one of the books for which the upload button was inactive in Logos 9. I cannot tell, with any certainty from the notes or from your thread here, whether you tried rebuilding any of the PBBs and what the results were.

Did you try rebuilding any of the PBBs, and if so did the upload button become active when Logos was opened online and your computer had an internet connection?

Posts 23
Darrell G. Eson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 4:04 PM

On the contrary!!

Posts 23
Darrell G. Eson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 4:13 PM

MJ. Smith:
....circle around a bit before realizing I said precisely what I meant.

I remember one of the many CS chats I had with a particular CS person replying back to me of what I exactly typed previous and frustratingly I replied, "Did you not read my text???"

Posts 23
Darrell G. Eson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 4:23 PM

Hi,

Thomas Ball:
.... try to recompile one of the books for which the upload button was inactive in Logos 9.

Yes, one of the suggestions was to actually recompile a built book in L9 from which I had already compiled in L8.  The result was no difference, which lead to another discussion that if I wanted to use the "Upload" option I would have to go back in MSWord and re-write the entire .docx files to then compile all the previous builds I had in L8 to make the "Upload" feature work properly in L9.  This didn't make any sense, but being frustrated with the progress to this point.....

Posts 23
Darrell G. Eson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 9:29 PM

It's my appreciation I want to extent to you and what you've done.  Thanks

Posts 23
Darrell G. Eson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 9:30 PM

You've been good help, thanks.

Posts 3186
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 8:41 AM

Hello Darrell,

I'm going to reach out to you offline. I'll be using whatever email you have connected to your Logos account. 

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS