Remembering J.I. Packer (July 22, 1926 - July 17, 2020)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19066
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:26 PM

Regent College has just concluded a lovely online service of honoring and remembering longtime faculty member J.I. Packer, with reflections from many friends and colleagues and former students, including his biographer Alister McGrath, former professor at Oxford and later Regent colleague James Houston, fellow Oxonian N.T. Wright, representatives from publishers IVP and Crossway and Christianity Today, etc., and hosted by Regent's president Jeff Greenman. The recording should be still up there at this same address:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DElVXhJp_0

Posts 9408
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 2:12 PM

Thanks for pointing this out Rosie. He was such an influential man!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9408
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 5:13 PM

I just finished watching it and was very much inspired. What a touching tribute!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 661
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 11:14 AM

I watched the entire tribute also. Well done! I liked learning, "Packer in name, Packer in deed."

Our church does a weekly lunch time, "Pizza with Packer" where we eat, fellowship, and discuss an entry from Concise Theology. It's been a tremendous blessing to us!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS