Logos is not compatible with Windows Surface Tablets

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2953
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2022 12:18 PM

Chuck:

Right, using a touchpad is no problem. It would be convenient, though, if the Surface Pen would work reliably, especially if I don't always want to have the keyboard and touchpad folded out in my lap or want to completely detach it from the Surface Pro.

The Surface Pro Touch Pad is built into the detachable keyboard.  With that keyboard, it is easy to select text.  So, that is a long, long way from saying the Surface Pro is incompatible with Logos. 

I agree that using Logos on the Surface Pro tablet without the detachable keyboard is a challenge.  I agree that Logos could be made more touch friendly.  But I still think Logos on the Surface Pro with the detachable keyboard was the best Logos experience I ever had.  Especially, having my personal books on my Surface Pro tablet was a joy.

One can use the Surface Pro to read one's entire Logos Library, including Personal Books, just fine on the tablet without the keyboard.  That is a big deal  to me.

Personally, I found the Surface Pen to be more of a hinderance that a help.  I really never used it.

But we all are different.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1275
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2022 6:07 PM

I considered Surface Pro in my recent computer purchase...(my old one was 8 years old)... but when I compared side by side... and then considered the value of the purchase....  I opted to go instead with Lenovo Yoga, which I am happy with. The screen will fold back and then I have a "psuedo" tablet with full access to all my stuff....  And the price was about half of Surface Pro... 

After reading this thread.... I am very pleased with my Lenovo Yoga.... Geeked

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero! He only uses an abacus with 14 rows!

Posts 3271
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 18 2022 12:28 AM

xnman:
Lenovo Yoga

Hi Xnman Could you please describe the Lenovo Yoga in detail. You have mentioned that you have full access . Which browse do you have?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1275
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 18 2022 10:02 AM

Tes:

xnman:
Lenovo Yoga

Hi Xnman Could you please describe the Lenovo Yoga in detail. You have mentioned that you have full access . Which browse do you have?

I have the Lenovo Yoga Intel 7 Evio - 12 gig memory 1 TB ssd... with dual monitors... I bought it at Best Buy on sale.... (and I will probably go to 4 monitors later this year - I love the 4k monitor).... As to browser (which I think you meant)...  I use Google Chrome browser.... 

I normally have open..... Google Chrome with about 6-8 tabs on it.... Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Logos, NetBeans (compiler for programs) 

I have no complaints period.... love it.  love it. love it. 

I do think when it comes to computers...  most people think they need the biggest meanest baddest that was ever made....  which if you do that, I think you over spend.... and get more than you actually need to do the job.

If a spoon will do the job..... why do I need  shovel for the same job?  Just my 2 cents. Geeked

Hope that helps....

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Posts 114
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 19 2022 9:40 AM

Hi Xnman: You mention that the screen on your Lenovo Yoga "will fold back and then I have a "psuedo" tablet with full access to all my stuff."

Important Question (at least for me): When you have your Lenovo Yoga in "psuedo-tablet" mode with Logos open, can you somehow select Bible text and highlight it using the Highlighter Tool in Logos? If so, how?

Thanks,

Chuck

Posts 1275
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 20 2022 5:24 PM

Chuck:

Hi Xnman: You mention that the screen on your Lenovo Yoga "will fold back and then I have a "psuedo" tablet with full access to all my stuff."

Important Question (at least for me): When you have your Lenovo Yoga in "psuedo-tablet" mode with Logos open, can you somehow select Bible text and highlight it using the Highlighter Tool in Logos? If so, how?

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck..... sorry to answer late..... been traveling.... I normally don't highlight text or use the highlighter at all.... but  I can use my mouse (which is a usb mouse) and highlight verses and such. I cannot however use my finger and highlight the text.... and I don't have a pencil or such.... but my mouse does work in "pseudo tablet mode" (folded over). 

Posts 114
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2022 7:03 AM

xnman:

Chuck:

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck..... sorry to answer late..... been traveling.... I normally don't highlight text or use the highlighter at all.... but  I can use my mouse (which is a usb mouse) and highlight verses and such. I cannot however use my finger and highlight the text.... and I don't have a pencil or such.... but my mouse does work in "pseudo tablet mode" (folded over). 

Xnman: Thanks for replying and for the additional information. From my perspective, this is 2022, and Logos should have the capability of offering the user the complete complement of operational features, whether in full-keyboard-mouse mode or tablet mode using your finger or a pen.

Posts 36393
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2022 9:31 AM

Chuck:
From my perspective, this is 2022, and Logos should have the capability of offering the user the complete complement of operational features, whether in full-keyboard-mouse mode or tablet mode using your finger or a pen.

It has considerable support New Feature: Advanced Apple Pencil support | Faithlife.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 114
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2022 1:33 PM

MJ. Smith:

Chuck:
From my perspective, this is 2022, and Logos should have the capability of offering the user the complete complement of operational features, whether in full-keyboard-mouse mode or tablet mode using your finger or a pen.

It has considerable support New Feature: Advanced Apple Pencil support | Faithlife.

Sorry, not from my perspective. I want to attend services and reliably highlight with my Microsoft Surface Pen as I read along in the Bible. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, and I have found myself "fighting" with the technology instead of concentrating on the Bible, which, ironically, is what the software is "supposed" to aid me in doing.

Posts 26059
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2022 1:58 PM

Chuck:
Sorry, not from my perspective.

I think MJ was commenting that the suggestion to add advanced Pencil capabilities had a lot of support from other users - not that the software provided a lot of support for it currently.

Posts 36393
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 21 2022 2:25 PM

Chuck:
Sorry, not from my perspective. I want to attend services and reliably highlight with my Microsoft Surface Pen as I read along in the Bible. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, and I have found myself "fighting" with the technology instead of concentrating on the Bible, which, ironically, is what the software is "supposed" to aid me in doing.

My apologies for being too terse. I was pointing you to a request for better support on the feedback site which already has a significant number of votes. 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 114
Chuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 7:10 AM

MJ & Graham: Thank you both for the clarification. Logos is such great software that it only makes sense that FaithLife would want to get it fully compatible with tablet/pen operations; I hope they do, and I hope it is soon. Thanks again.

Posts 2285
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 7:21 AM

Chuck:

MJ & Graham: Thank you both for the clarification. Logos is such great software that it only makes sense that FaithLife would want to get it fully compatible with tablet/pen operations; I hope they do, and I hope it is soon. Thanks again.

Agree.

Posts 2775
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 7:53 AM

Chuck:

We've been asking since AT LEAST 2011 - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/35513.aspx 

Bradley Grainger is aware of our wish - https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/full-touchscreen-scrolling-abilities 

as is Phil Gons - https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/improve-touch-scrolling-in-resources-on-windows 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 430
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 22 2022 10:54 PM

Just imagine how awesome it would be if Logos added proper touch and pen support so we could easily do markup like the Piper 'Look at the Book' videos. It would be revolutionary. 

Posts 3271
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2022 8:51 AM

I hope to see some unsual surprises with the realese of Logos 10

Blessings in Christ.

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS