Lexham Research Commentaries (20 vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1259
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2020 9:41 PM

According to the product listing for Platinum 9 (https://www.logos.com/product/195378/logos-9-platinum), there should be 20 volumes in the Lexham Research Commentaries included with Platinum. When I look at my library after downloading the upgrade to Platinum 9, I only see 17 commentaries.

Are other 3 commentaries yet to be released and will they be included as part of Platinum? This seems to be the case in the Lexham Research Commentaries product page.

Also, when I go to the product page for Lexham Research Commentaries (https://www.logos.com/product/189697/lexham-research-commentaries#Reviews), it says I need to pay $94.31 to get the 20 volumes. Why should I have to pay for the 3 volumes that are not yet published, when the Logos Platinum product page says it includes 20 volumes?

Posts 2747
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2020 10:24 PM

There are LRC still in production. If you bought a package with them, they will download when they are released.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2548
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 4:15 AM

Harry,

If you go to Logos.com, go to browse all books and then in the menu on the left select "owned" and "preproduction" it should list what is in production but not yet in your library. Some may already be in your library and if you were with Wordsearch, those books will also show in the list.

Posts 2274
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 5:02 AM

John Fidel:

Harry,

If you go to Logos.com, go to browse all books and then in the menu on the left select "owned" and "preproduction" it should list what is in production but not yet in your library. Some may already be in your library and if you were with Wordsearch, those books will also show in the list.

Well, you taught me something new!  I never thought of doing that.  Very useful!  To clarify, you click "Owned" and "Pre-Pub," and not "preproduction."

The Lexham Research Commentaries still in Pre-Pub are Ruth, Daniel, and Matthew, which I found by following John's advice!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2274
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 5:06 AM

Harry Hahne:
Also, when I go to the product page for Lexham Research Commentaries (https://www.logos.com/product/189697/lexham-research-commentaries#Reviews), it says I need to pay $94.31 to get the 20 volumes. Why should I have to pay for the 3 volumes that are not yet published, when the Logos Platinum product page says it includes 20 volumes?

This is strange.  When I go to that page it shows that I own them all.  Check again, maybe it's been fixed.  If not, maybe someone from Faithlife will chime in here, or you might need to call customer service.  Following John's advice, it would also show you if the system recognizes that you do indeed own those three volumes.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2808
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 5:38 AM

John Fidel:

Wow, this list has increased massively since I last checked.

The number of books coming to Logos from the eBooks site is mind blowing.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 513
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 5:40 AM

Harry Hahne:

According to the product listing for Platinum 9 (https://www.logos.com/product/195378/logos-9-platinum), there should be 20 volumes in the Lexham Research Commentaries included with Platinum. When I look at my library after downloading the upgrade to Platinum 9, I only see 17 commentaries.

https://www.logos.com/product/195378/logos-9-platinum 

From the page as displayed, the Lexham Research Commentary offered in the Platinum package is only a partial set of 17 volumes, not 20 volumes are included in the package..

Regards.

Posts 8325
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 5:42 AM

By the way, the gospel according to Luke is not included in any bundle: https://www.logos.com/product/26775/lexham-research-commentary-luke 

DAL

Posts 2196
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 9:21 AM

John Fidel:

Harry,

I am having difficulty finding "preproduction".  I cannot find it in the menu on the left.

Posts 439
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 9:36 AM

Hey Mark, look for status and then pre-pub.

Posts 4692
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:11 AM

Do we have any updates when Daniel, Matthew, Ruth or Luke are coming?

Posts 2196
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:23 AM

Mathew Haferkamp:

Hey Mark, look for status and then pre-pub.

Thanks.  I saw that, but I was not sure if pre-pub was different than preproduction. Thanks for the clarification.

Posts 1135
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 1:42 PM

You can also add your CP items. I got a lot more in pre-pub and CP than I ever expected with my L9 libraries.

Posts 126
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 2:30 PM

Mattillo:

Luke, Ruth, and Daniel are at the top of my list to tackle once I'm finished with Lexham Geographic Commentary on the Pentateuch. Hopefully I can turn my attention to them before the end of the year. Matthew is still being written. I expect to finish them in the order of Ruth, Daniel, and Luke. We won't set a release date for any of them until they are further along in editorial. Sorry for the delay. Things that I'd planned for this year seem to be taking longer than expected.

Posts 4692
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 2:55 PM

Doug Mangum:

Mattillo:

Luke, Ruth, and Daniel are at the top of my list to tackle once I'm finished with Lexham Geographic Commentary on the Pentateuch. Hopefully I can turn my attention to them before the end of the year. Matthew is still being written. I expect to finish them in the order of Ruth, Daniel, and Luke. We won't set a release date for any of them until they are further along in editorial. Sorry for the delay. Things that I'd planned for this year seem to be taking longer than expected.

Wow that's great! Thanks for the update Doug

Posts 1259
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 9:53 PM

Leo Wee Fah:
From the page as displayed, the Lexham Research Commentary offered in the Platinum package is only a partial set of 17 volumes, not 20 volumes are included in the package..

True. But the Comparison page title says "Lexham Research Commentaries (20 vols.)"

I can see that if you count up the individual volumes listed there are only 17. But when a customer looks at the list of resources is a base package and it says "20 vols.", it is reasonable to expect 20 volumes to be included. I did not count every volume in every set to make sure that the expected number of volumes is included. But I can see that it would be wise to do that for every set before ordering.

I am not going to press the matter. But when I ordered the upgrade, I thought I was getting the entire Lexham Research Commentary set. I did not expect to have to pay another $100 to complete the set. I might have done the calculation differently on whether the upgrade was worthwhile if I had checked the number of volumes in each set that are included.

Posts 12062
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 1:43 AM

Harry Hahne:
True. But the Comparison page title says "Lexham Research Commentaries (20 vols.)"

Yes, but it also has only half-filled bullets in the comparison you show:

The comparison page explicitly states that those are only partially included. In all those cases we need to expand the line to see what we actually get, as it could be one volume only, and it often varies across the levels (LRC Ruth is included in Collectors, btw)   

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS