Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 13 2010 4:38 PM | Locked

1. Inconsistency between versions:

From the NIV or the ESV, when printing by "Use current location" the printing goes to either end of pericope or chapter. I have not compared all versions, but in the NIV the print-preview consistently ends just before next heading, ESV (and other translations I checked) consistently go to the end of the chapter.

2. Oddities at last line of printing:

At the end of the print-preview, when printing by "Use current location," for text that has visual filters enabled (not sure if this is the deciding factor), the last line of the printed section does some funny things. See graphic below for sample:

I don't see this behavior with versions for which I don't have visual filters active for the passage. Note that something similar happens, even if the last word does not have a visual filter associated with it.

Also note that the above problem goes away if I chose to print by a specified text:

Obviously, the work-around is simple. But I'm reporting it anyway, as this is not expected behavior.

EDIT: Note that the above samples are from the LEB.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 692
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 5:21 PM | Locked

Wonder if it is the highlighting. I couldn't replicate this in the NIV, but I do not use the highlighting feature either, but do have it turned on in Visual Markings

Posts 1717
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 6:05 PM | Locked

"Current location" is a temporary thing which uses the boundaries by which we mark articles internally, and/or how they're aligned to Table of Contents in that book. A future update will offer a ToC type picker.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 6:59 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:

2. Oddities at last line of printing:

At the end of the print-preview, when printing by "Use current location," for text that has visual filters enabled (not sure if this is the deciding factor), the last line of the printed section does some funny things

Just looked at this again. My notes are the deciding factor (not the visual filters). At least, when I remove the notes the printing issue described above disappears.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 14 2010 11:54 AM | Locked

Bob Pritchett:
A future update will offer a ToC type picker.

Good move! Yes

Posts 216
LogosEmployee
Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2010 2:27 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:
Just looked at this again. My notes are the deciding factor (not the visual filters). At least, when I remove the notes the printing issue described above disappears.

Richard--

Thanks for narrowing down the issue. Unfortunately, we're still unable to reproduce the problem here. Can you post a screen shot of the state of your Visual filters dropdown (the three rings) for the LEB before initiating the print?

Thanks.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 8:18 AM | Locked

Jacob Carpenter:

Richard DeRuiter:

Richard--

Thanks for narrowing down the issue. Unfortunately, we're still unable to reproduce the problem here. Can you post a screen shot of the state of your Visual filters dropdown (the three rings) for the LEB before initiating the print?

Thanks.

Here you go. I get this problem only when printing "Use current location." This offers to print the whole chapter. The only note in this section is the one attached to v.22 (I included it in the screen shot). That note is a note attached to a Reference (not to a 'Selection'), so it shows up in all Bibles (and other resources that are indexed by Scripture reference).

If you'd like, I could send the note file via email, though I don't see why my particular not file should be the issue.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee
Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:28 PM | Locked

We were able to reproduce the problem of the paragraph breaking in the wrong location, and it should be fixed in the next beta.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 8:04 AM | Locked

Jacob Carpenter:

We were able to reproduce the problem of the paragraph breaking in the wrong location, and it should be fixed in the next beta.

Just checked in 4.1b2. It's fixed.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS