Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 4:46 PM

Stephen Shields:

So I did find a faster way copy verses from Logos to my Word document. Maybe it's commonly used; I just discovered it.

• Enter the reference into the passage search field on your Bible in Logos
  • Select the verses you want to copy (click-drag with your mouse)
  • Press Ctrl+Alt+b
  • Choose Copy and Paste

That's shorter than some other recommendations I've received. 

But it's still miles behind Zipscript in terms of convenience and speed.

Amen and Amen!  I/m still praying Logos will change the default Bible in ZipScript from WordSearch to Logos.Geeked

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 1
Wallace Scaife | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2022 3:40 PM

PLEASE repair "ZIPSCRIPT"

PLEASE...a thousand times PLEASE

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 15 2022 7:57 AM

Wallace Scaife:

PLEASE repair "ZIPSCRIPT"

PLEASE...a thousand times PLEASE

I'll ad another thousand times please to that!  And lots and lots of prayer that Logos will wake up to a wonderful help to the program!!!

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 679
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 7:53 AM

Xnman, I'm not sure if this will work for you or not, but my ZipScript is still usable in MS Word and in WordPerfect. I had not used it in "years" and actually had forgotten about until I started reading your posts. I found ZS in my list of individual apps under the WSearch 12 link.

Clicking on the windows symbol on the left side of my task bar and then selecting "All apps" at the top left. It opened showing all of the various apps/programs that I have. I have not removed WS from my computer and underneath the WS app it also listed ZipScript.

I then anchored it to my task bar and it currently works as designed.

Posts 20
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 7:58 AM

Bill, thanks for jumping in. Do you currently have Wordsearch installed on your computer? I do - and it works well. I think that Zipscript is using the Wordsearch libraries to get the data for your word processors.

My concern is that on my next computer, since I can no longer install Wordsearch, Zipscript will not function. Broken Heart

How cool would it be if I were wrong in that!!!! :) 

Posts 2760
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 8:21 AM

Stephen Shields:

I think that Zipscript is using the Wordsearch libraries to get the data for your word processors.

My concern is that on my next computer, since I can no longer install Wordsearch, Zipscript will not function. 

Stephen, I concur that this is a fair assessment of what is happening behind the scenes. I believe as security tightens (programs are put into "silos") it will be more difficult to program a utility to mine a file that is not open (file A on a local drive), extract info to the clipboard, and automatically paste into programs B,C, & D. I have confidence that brains greater than mine can write a solution.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 679
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:52 PM

Stephen Shields:

Bill, thanks for jumping in. Do you currently have Wordsearch installed on your computer? I do - and it works well. I think that Zipscript is using the Wordsearch libraries to get the data for your word processors.

My concern is that on my next computer, since I can no longer install Wordsearch, Zipscript will not function. Broken Heart

How cool would it be if I were wrong in that!!!! :) 

Stephen, yes, I do still have WS installed on my laptop. ZS works "fine" except that I cannot change which version of the Bible that I prefer to use. (Right now, for whatever reason, mine "chosen version" is Webster's Bible...I don't recall ever using that particular version in the past, but apparently I have. 

Posts 96
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 6:40 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
I cannot change which version of the Bible that I prefer to use

Bill, what do you mean by that? Can you not change the Bible version you copy from at all, or does it revert back to Webster's even after you copy from some other version? I just fired mine up, and it retains the last-used version each time, but allows me to pick from the list if I want to change it, and then keeps that change.

Posts 96
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 16 2022 7:32 PM

David Thomas:
it will be more difficult to program a utility

I think pretty much the opposite it true: it has probably never been easier to share content between applications, generally speaking. The issue with ZipScript is simply that it is a Wordsearch applet written using Wordsearch application controls to pull content from Wordsearch Bibles. It won't work with Logos Bibles without a re-write. Not that I think that would be particularly hard (easy for me to say!), but Faithlife would have to see the value in putting the resources into it.

I hope they do - I think having a lightweight utility that leverages the library for this targeted common need is a nice value-add. If they do, I hope they use the opportunity to take over the Wordsearch verse picker control, a Logos version of which would be a great addition to the program on most resource windows. I also hope they provide a means for filtering the list of available Bibles to choose from, as I have so many resources in Logos that get classified as Type=Bible that the unfiltered list would be pretty unmanageable. 

Posts 5993
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 3:08 AM

John W Gillis:
I have so many resources in Logos that get classified as Type=Bible that the unfiltered list would be pretty unmanageable. 

Just checking whether this is a potential problem or an actual one John.

I find that the boxes that allow me to pinpoint the translation that I want allow me to hone in without problem.

If it is an actual problem please will you give examples preferably with screen shots of the menus in question.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 679
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 10:08 AM

John W Gillis:

Bill Shewmaker:
I cannot change which version of the Bible that I prefer to use

Bill, what do you mean by that? Can you not change the Bible version you copy from at all, or does it revert back to Webster's even after you copy from some other version? I just fired mine up, and it retains the last-used version each time, but allows me to pick from the list if I want to change it, and then keeps that change.

In my ZipScript I cannot find a way to change the version...I didn't use it all that often because Logos had an app that worked with MSWord where all you had to do was type the Scripture reference, right click the reference and then select "further action" from a drop-down dialog box to "replace with text." MSWord decided not to continue allowing that to function...that's when I really started using ZS and I don't recall seeing a way to change versions directly in ZS as I thought it was driven by WS. 

Posts 20
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 10:31 AM

That's weird.... in mine, there's a dropdown box right next to where I enter the passage. It remains with the version last selected from that box.

Just think, though, how great the LOGOS version of Zipscript will be when it's released! 
#SeeingWithTheEyesOfFaith 
:) 

Posts 135
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 2:01 PM

ZIPSCRIPT-2022-02-17
Hit the black drop down arrow and choose your version. Easy peasy. 

A Slave of Christ, Cancelled by Culture, Affirmed by God! HCSB, yes I am that guy!

Posts 2602
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 3:14 PM

xnman:

So I did find a faster way copy verses from Logos to my Word document. Maybe it's commonly used; I just discovered it.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+b
  • Choose Copy and Paste

I think there is even a quicker way.  When you are in your word document, you can type CTRL+ALT B that will open the "Copy Bible Verses" window.  Then type in the verse you want and choose "Copy and Paste."

Posts 20
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 3:22 PM

THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!!

Thank you Ronald Quick. Thank you!!!

Posts 679
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 4:38 PM

Mine is working correctly now...after a reboot of the computer...

Big Smile

Posts 96
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 6:13 PM

Mike Binks:
whether this is a potential problem or an actual one John.

LOL! “Problem” is probably a bit overstated, but if that’s what it is, it’s admittedly a “first world problem”. I’d call it more of a nuisance/convenience thing. I currently have more than 300 resources of Type Bible in my library, and that’s after hiding well over 100 resources I knew I’d likely never use, such as Targum or NT papyrus fragments. The WS ZipScript tool had a simple drop-down list picker control (with scroll bar) to select the Bible you wanted the tool to pull the text from. I had about 60 Bibles in my WS library, and that was more than enough to scroll through to get to the handful that I actually used ZipScript for. I would have preferred if I could list the contents of a Collection or something in the picker instead of the entire library, because there were probably only a few versions I’d routinely be looking to quote a verse from.

Think of it as a tool to get content from your key resources when you’re doing something other than using your Bible study program (i.e. writing). It’s analogous to the relationship between a tool belt and a workshop. There’s plenty of work you do in your workshop, but there’s also a place for strapping on a toolbelt and taking your go-to tools with you elsewhere. You don’t strap all your tools on your hips to go do that, only the ones you use constantly. If you have to rummage through everything to get to the same three tools over and over, you’re doing something wrong. It’s great to have all your tools available in the workshop, but you don’t need all of them readily available everywhere you go. 

Posts 20
Stephen Shields | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 5:25 AM

I tried to reply to this last night but don't see my reply here.

THANK YOU, Ronald Quick! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 5:56 AM

ZipScript is working for me. Love that tool!

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 135
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 6:45 AM

Ronald Quick:

xnman:

• Press Ctrl+Alt+b
  • Choose Copy and Paste

I think there is even a quicker way.  When you are in your word document, you can type CTRL+ALT B that will open the "Copy Bible Verses" window.  Then type in the verse you want and choose "Copy and Paste."

Both of these methods, quite similar in fact, are very good, but in no wise as PRACTICAL AND FAST as ZipScript. It is possible to create some great verse media and quotes using Visual Copy and it is now a go to tool for me, but ZS is still a winner in one on one conversations when a verse is needed to be inserted. 

A Slave of Christ, Cancelled by Culture, Affirmed by God! HCSB, yes I am that guy!

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS