Logos 10 ideas - AR and ML

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1137
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 2 2020 2:02 AM

Overly indulgent ideas for Logos 10:

I'd love them to take the mobile apps to the next level and make an augmented reality library. I'd like to be able to pop my phone on a headset and 'handle' the books.

Perhaps an example use case of the future?

I could swipe from book shelf to book shelf and reach out to grab a book. Open it. E.g. my Bible Atlas. Then touching the image of a location, a menu pops up and I select travel. Now I find I'm in one of the archealogical sites, I can walk around and explore. I look to the left and spot a 3d interactive avatar of the mobile ed. professor who is stood there waiting to answer questions. I look to the left and see 2 other members of my homegroup also exploring the site. There is a control which toggles/fades between the archealogical site and artists impressions of what it looked like originally. Other locations include key institutions with high res versions of artifacts, manuscripts etc and a virtual home group space.

Another AR feature is to place an artifact on my desk and view it through my phone as similar to google animals etc.

Another AR feature is to show my Logos highlights on my paper Bible.

On apple devices, the neural engine could accelerate database indexing, searches etc. Machine learning and AI technology might look at prioritising articles which are more indepth, well referenced or often quoted etc.

Daydream over.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 209
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 8:49 AM

My kind of thinking. And just think, I posted a comment several years ago that they should make a screensaver with your book covers since I forget what books I even have... how times have changed.

What if Logos preaching mode worked with the 'upcoming'(?) Apple Glasses. You could maintain eye contact with the congregation the whole time while the sermon notes go across your glasses like a teleprompter. And the mic could analyze if what you are saying is matching the notes, and when you go off on a rabbit trail, it will pause the sermon notes until it can tell you are back reading them again.

Posts 1137
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 10:25 AM

It would be handy if it could remind you peoples names too!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 5200
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 11:55 AM

Tony Walker:
And the mic could analyze if what you are saying is matching the notes, and when you go off on a rabbit trail, it will pause the sermon notes until it can tell you are back reading them again.

Anything to help tame my propensity for excursus would be received with glee.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5083
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 3:23 PM

David Paul:

Tony Walker:
And the mic could analyze if what you are saying is matching the notes, and when you go off on a rabbit trail, it will pause the sermon notes until it can tell you are back reading them again.

Anything to help tame my propensity for excursus would be received with glee.

Just use WiFi 7 to get the microphone talking with a Smart squirt gun. Problem solved, AND the congregation would look forward to your abbreviated tangents. Wink

Posts 354
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 3:09 PM

Personally I would like to have multiple hologram screens which only I could see... say one for my sermon notes, one for a commentary or such that I could quote from and one for my Bible... all such that audience cannot see but I could.... then it would appear as if I'm looking at them when all I'm doing is reading my notes or such...  

Let's dream big when we dream... Geeked

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 5083
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 3:15 PM

xnman:
then it would appear as if I'm looking at them when all I'm doing is reading my notes or such...  

With suitably sized glasses and a pulpit of the proper height and angling, this is already very achievable.

Posts 354
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 3:37 PM

The glasses might make me cross-eyed!  lol

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 5083
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 6:39 PM

xnman:

The glasses might make me cross-eyed!  lol

They don't actually need to be anything special. The bottom of the rim just has to be low enough that you can look 'down' at enough of an angle to see the text you want to read, whether a sermon, talk, lectionary/Bible, etc., without actually tilting your head forward. With the right geometry (and perhaps a little practice) you can even turn your head side to side to a certain extent without actually looking up from your text, especially near the top of the page. Provided there's a bit of distance between you and the front row, no one will be able to tell. Of course, it helps if you're standing on something that's higher up the what the congregation is sitting (or standing) on, though that's not actually necessary.

And you thought I was joking. Stick out tongue

Posts 5246
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2020 1:22 AM

Whenever I am preaching I often think of my old pastor looking down on me.

He isn't dead...

... just incredibly condescending.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS