Parallel Passages

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2020 4:59 PM

Is there a tool in Logos/Verbum that will show me all the parallel passages in the whole Bible?

If not, is there a resource I can buy that will show them?

Tim

Posts 36345
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2020 5:46 PM

TWBeining:
Is there a tool in Logos/Verbum that will show me all the parallel passages in the whole Bible?

Parallel Gospel Reader. 2014. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife. and Jackson, Jeffrey Glen, ed. 2015. Synopsis of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife. are two interactives that cover a chunk of parallel passages.

Resources:

Harmony Bibliography

Eusebio de Cesarea. Cánones de Eusebio. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.

Philipps, H. David. Citas Del Antiguo Testamento En El Nuevo Testamento. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.

Jones, David A. Citas Y Referencias Al Antiguo Testamento En El Nuevo Testamento. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.

Boisen, Sean. Composite Gospel: Parallel Passages. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2017.

Eusebius of Caesarea. Eusebian Canons. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

McGarvey, John William, and Philip Y. Pendleton. The Four-Fold Gospel. Cincinnati, OH: The Standard Publishing Company, 1914.

Copple, Glen M. Getting to Know Jesus: Harmony of the Gospels. New Hope Gospel Ministries, 2006.

Wright, Arthur. The Gospel according to St. Luke in Greek: After the Westcott and Hort Text. London; New York: Macmillan and Co.; The Macmillan Company, 1900.

Throckmorton, Burton H., Jr. Gospel Parallels-NRSV: A Comparison of the Synoptic Gospels. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1995.

Breen, A. E. A Harmonized Exposition of the Four Gospels. Revised Edition. Vol. 1. Rochester, NY: John P. Smith Printing Company, 1908.

Breen, A. E. A Harmonized Exposition of the Four Gospels. Revised Edition. Vol. 2. Rochester, NY: John P. Smith Printing Company, 1908.

Breen, A. E. A Harmonized Exposition of the Four Gospels. Revised Edition. Vol. 3. Rochester, NY: John P. Smith Printing Company, 1908.

Breen, A. E. A Harmonized Exposition of the Four Gospels. Revised Edition. Vol. 4. Rochester, NY: John P. Smith Printing Company, 1908.

Crockett, William. A Harmony of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles: The Books of the Kings of Judah and Israel. New York; Chicago; Toronto; London; Edinburgh: Fleming H. Revell Company, 1897.

Cox, Steven L., and Kendell H. Easley. Holman Christian Standard Bible: Harmony of the Gospels. Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers, 2007.

Robertson, A. T. A Harmony of the Gospels. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Burton, Ernest DeWitt. A Harmony of the Synoptic Gospels for Historical and Critical Study. New York; Chicago; Boston: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1917.

Jackson, Jeffrey Glen. Judas - Segunda Pedro. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.

Jackson, Jeffrey Glen. Jude-2 Peter Parallels. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Jones, David A. Old Testament Quotations and Allusions in the New Testament. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Bratcher, Robert G., ed. Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament. 3rd rev. ed. Helps for Translators. New York: United Bible Societies, 1984.

Philipps, H. David. Old Testament Quotes in the New Testament. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Geneste, Maximilian. The Parallel Histories of Judah and Israel, with Copious Explanatory Notes. Vol. 1. London: Samuel Bagster and Sons, 1843.

Geneste, Maximilian. The Parallel Histories of Judah and Israel, with Copious Explanatory Notes. Vol. 2. London: Samuel Bagster and Sons, 1843.

Brannan, Rick. Parallel Passages in the Pastoral Epistles. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Zacharias, H. Daniel, and Rick Brannan. Parallel Passages in the Pauline Letters. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016.

Brannan, Rick. Pasajes Paralelos En Las Epístolas Pastorales. Bellingham, WA: Software Bíblico Logos, 2011.

Sharman, Henry Burton. Records of the Life of Jesus Book I: The Record of Mt--Mk--Lk, Book II: The Record of John. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Aland, Kurt. Sinopsis de Los Cuatro Evangelios. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.

Jackson, Jeffrey Glen. Sinopsis Del Antiguo Testamento. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.

Jackson, Jeffrey Glen. Synopsis of Matthew, Mark and Luke. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Aland, Kurt. Synopsis of the Four Gospels. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Sievers, Joseph. Synopsis of the Greek Sources for the Hasmonean Period: 1–2 Maccabees and Josephus, War 1 and Antiquities 12–14. Vol. 20. Subsidia Biblica. Rome: Editrice Pontificio Istituto Biblico, 2001.

Jackson, Jeffrey Glen. Synopsis of the Old Testament. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2009.

Robertson, A. T. Una Armonía de Los Evangelios. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.

Crockett, William Day. Una Armonía de Samuel, Reyes Y Crónicas. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.

Dittmar, Wilhelm. Vetus Testamentum in Novo: Die Alttestamentlichen Parallelen Des Neuen Testaments Im Wortlaut Der Urtexte Und Der Septuaginta. Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 1903.

Exported from Verbum, 5:44 PM December 3, 2020.

I know a resource for Deuterographs that is not yet included in FL parallels, then there is the PB file for parallel pericopes ... so I guess you need to define "all" in "all the parallel passages".

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2020 7:07 PM

MJ. Smith:
PB file for parallel pericopes ...

MJ,

Thanks for leading me to this file. I built the book and I believe it will work fine for what I want.

Thanks again!

Tim

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS