Personal Book Builder document location

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 82
Josh Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2020 6:22 PM

We’re do you store you personal book documents on your computer? 

To “future proof” is it best to have those documents in a cloud folder (Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, etc) or is it better to save them inside Logos4 within the Application Support Folder?

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2020 8:29 PM

I keep all of mine in a folder inside my Documents folder (on Windows): Logos > PBB Sources.

I keep both the .docx files and the cover image files there.

I have subfolders within that folder for more complex personal books that require multiple .docx files.

I also have a subfolder called "To Do" which contains the .docx files I've started but am still working on, and PDFs that I intend to convert to PBs at some point.

I back up my entire hard drive to a mirror drive. I don't currently have additional Cloud backup for most of my stuff (just my phone contacts and photographs), though maybe someday I'll set that up for more redundancy.

Posts 171
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 4:41 AM

I keep mine in dropbox, and since the source files on any installation of Logos/Verbum point to the same path, they are always there when/if I install Logos/Verbum on a different computer.

As a note, I also have a separate folder of the PBB compiled resource files, which I copy out of the Logos Resources folder (extension .lbspbb as I recall). I don't recompile them often, but by having the compiled versions also in Dropbox, on a new installation I just have to do a "Scan" of that folder and voila - all PBB metadata and books are in my new Logos/Verbum installation. I have 300+ PBBs, so this way I don't have to worry about recompiling, or uploading to Logos servers.

Posts 2756
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 5:31 AM

Large flash drives are now available that we can copy all of the docx files to that maybe cheaper then a external hard drive or a subscription to  a cloud service. But back the source files up and maybe several copies and store some off site. 

Posts 3047
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 6:57 AM

I use Dropbox. I have a Logos folder there where the source files are kept. That way, if I edit a source file, it gets picked up by each computer where I have L9 installed.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS