How do I co-ordinate both the NT & OT volumes of the Open the Bible Page by Page as they did in WORDsearch?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 40
J Peter Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2020 3:02 AM

How do I co-ordinate both the NT & OT volumes of the Open the Bible Page by Page as they did in WORDsearch?

The Open the Bible Page by Page – Old Testament has now arrived in LOGOS to sit alongside my copy of Open the Bible Page by Page – New Testament.

In my WORDsearch library, they were in one volume so if I clicked one of my Bibles from the OT to NT or NT to OT the one volume of Open the Bible Page by Page automatically followed.

Is there an easy way for me to set-up this co-ordination?

Your help will be gratefully received in a clear step-by-step order.

When I find the books in my library panel there appears a 'Series' box in which I presume I need to write something to connect both books.

What wording should put in this 'Series' box to put them together? Do I have to do it for both books or just choose the latest to arrive, which is the OT?

Blessings

J Peter Wilson

Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire, UK/England

Posts 36369
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 3:08 AM

Just give them both the same series - and don't reuse a series that already exists.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 119
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 3:13 AM

I don't have access to Logos at the moment, but you are right. You need to make a series and put both books into it. It should then work fine. I do the same with NA28 and BHS, so that I get Greek or Hebrew alongside my Bible reading. From memory the steps are: 

1. Put both books into a series that you decide (something like "Page by Page" would be fine.)

2. Open your Bible and one of the Page by Page volumes, and click on the three dots at the top of the Bible panel, and put both into a Link set (if you don't have a link set already, just click on the "A". 

3. Do the same in the Page by Page volume.

You might also want to save this as a layout, so that you don't have to set up linking every time. To do this, click on the black Layouts  square on the top right-hand corner of the Logos screen, and save the current layout as "Page by Page" You can then open that layout in future and all the linking is set up for you already. 

If you need more help with either of those, it's worth watching the Logos Quickstart videos (in your library ) which deal with both linking and layouts. 

Sorry I can't be more help, but don't have access to Logos atm. 

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee

J Peter Wilson:

In my WORDsearch library, they were in one volume so if I clicked one of my Bibles from the OT to NT or NT to OT the one volume of Open the Bible Page by Page automatically followed.

Is there an easy way for me to set-up this co-ordination?

You can set a custom Series, as other people have suggested. However, the OT volume doesn't actually have any Bible milestones, so this "won't work".

Unfortunately you'll probably need to wait for us to upgrade both resources to Logos editions (at which point I expect we'll set the default Series metadata correctly, too).

Posts 208
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 10:37 AM

Can you please provide a link to the Open the Bible Page by Page: Old Testament? I have been waiting for this volume to come to Logos.

Posts 208
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 12:35 PM

I found the resource here but it "is not currently available to purchase."

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 12:46 PM

Richard J. Ward:
I found the resource here but it "is not currently available to purchase."

Faithlife/Logos needs to make this a pre-pub

The Open Your Bible Commentary: The Old Testament Page by Page | Logos Bible Software

Tim

Posts 40
J Peter Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2020 2:04 AM

Thanks, Bradley for your helpful comments.

I, therefore, now have both the NT & OT editions next to each other in the right-hand panel where I have all my commentaries.

This enables me to swap between them as I change from NT to OT in the left-hand panel where all the Bibles that I use are situated.

Will I have to look out for these books to be 'Logosised' in my list of resources or will it happen automatically?

Blessings

Posts 36369
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2020 2:12 AM

J Peter Wilson:
Will I have to look out for these books to be 'Logosised' in my list of resources or will it happen automatically?

The updates are automatic. You will see the title in the list of updated resources.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS