9.1 (9.1.0.0018) is now available

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3432
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 8 2020 4:17 PM

The Logos Bible Software desktop application version 9.1 is now available to all users.

To immediately update to the current stable version, enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Download Link

Posts 991
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2020 4:37 PM

"Notes Tool

• Fixed a bug that caused the image picker pop-up in the Notes Tool to not scale correctly when Progam or Operating System scaling was set above 100%.
    • Known issue: Changing DPI on Windows requires an application restart to get intended scaling of the asset picker popup. Multi-monitor configurations with different DPIs are not fully supported (Windows)."

This is still an issue for me, even after restarting. I don't have a multi-monitor configuration. See my post on this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/195631/1141230.aspx#1141230.

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2020 4:37 PM

I do not mean this to be mean spirited, but isn't it kind of redundant to have two menu items that do the same thing when you right click on the new Factbook button. Menu items "Open" and "Open in New Tab do the exact same thing.

Also, thank you for all the bug fixes and updates!

Tim

Posts 280
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2020 5:22 PM

Hi Philana,

Thanks. I'm sure you are aware (but you have forgotten to put it in Known Issues!) that the blue notification circle still does not tell me that Logos has been updated to version 9.1 and no link to the release notes (from the program).

James

Posts 280
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2020 5:35 PM

"

• Added country specific holidays to holiday calendar."

In Logos 9.1 for windows, can't seem to find these. I only have 'US Holidays' in the calendars dropdown....I live in the UK.

Thanks

Posts 1549
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2020 6:59 PM

While acknowledging previous posters comments and concerns, thank you for the improvements.  Smile

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Owen Shelton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 5:12 AM

Kiyah:

This is still an issue for me, even after restarting. I don't have a multi-monitor configuration. See my post on this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/195631/1141230.aspx#1141230.

Thank you for the report!  We are aware of and investigating outstanding scaling issues like this.

Posts 5
Michelle uhlenhake | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 8:14 AM

My system has not updated to 9.1 and if I type in Update Now, it says no updates available.  

Posts 3432
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 8:23 AM

James Hudson:

Hi Philana,

Thanks. I'm sure you are aware (but you have forgotten to put it in Known Issues!) that the blue notification circle still does not tell me that Logos has been updated to version 9.1 and no link to the release notes (from the program).

James

Hi James.

We don't keep a running list of know issues in release notes, only those related to something that was worked on in that release.

Posts 368
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 12:02 PM

Interesting decision to put a Factbook button next to the Library and Search. Is there somewhere that Faithlife has explained this decision? 

Posts 368
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 12:17 PM

Andrew Biddinger:

Interesting decision to put a Factbook button next to the Library and Search. Is there somewhere that Faithlife has explained this decision? 

It definitely add visibility. But, is actually slower to get to a factbook you want. It adds an extra click.

Via the searchbar: Type > Select

Via new button: Click > Type > Select

Posts 428
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 12:23 PM

James Hudson:

In Logos 9.1 for windows, can't seem to find these. I only have 'US Holidays' in the calendars dropdown....I live in the UK.

Thanks, James. Holiday country is controlled by the default shipping address set on your Logos.com account. https://www.logos.com/account/shipping If no address is set, it defaults to US. 

I'll add this to the release notes. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 12:29 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

James Hudson:

Thanks, James. Holiday country is controlled by the default shipping address set on your Logos.com account. https://www.logos.com/account/shipping If no address is set, it defaults to US. 

I'll add this to the release notes. 

By "controlled by", do you mean that if my default shipping address isn't the country I want to see the holidays for, I can't see those holidays without changing that shipping address?

Posts 29348
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 12:55 PM

Yes, that is what he means. He is saying that the holidays shown are determined by the "shipping address" you have listed on your Faithlife account. 

I can see what that would be less than ideal for some users. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 6:03 PM

JT (alabama24):

Yes, that is what he means.

That's what I thought. I also thought that the phrasing of my question would expose a real customer-side problem with that implementation.

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 6:09 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
Holiday country is controlled by the default shipping address set on your Logos.com account.

Adam, my shipping address is in the Province of Ontario, in Canada. But Logos only gives me the U.S.A. option.

I realize that a number of our Holidays overlap but we do celebrate separate Thanksgiving Days. When we have ours you are celebrating Columbus. While you are honouring Veterans we have a "Remembrance Day" etc. 

Being so close to the U.S.A./Canada border many of us are very aware of/when US Holidays occur so this is not a deal-breaker. But ... it would be nice ...?

THANKS FOR LOGOS 9

Regards, SteveF

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 6:21 PM

I do see real problems with this. I think the better way to approach this would be to offer a drop down menu to select a country from.

A quick instance that comes to mind are missionaries. Another is pastors temporarily relocating in another country for several months or more. I believe I have only scratched the surface here.

Tim

Posts 280
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 11:16 PM

SineNomine:
I also thought that the phrasing of my question would expose a real customer-side problem with that implementation.

Fully agree. I consider this a poor design choice and am wondering about the logic behind it - for a couple of reasons:

1. How many users actually have a shipping address any more?

- As a very long-time user of Logos, where I used to get floppy disks shipped to me in the UK (remember those days!), I can't recall ever removing my shipping address from my account, but apparently it is not there. What about new customers, who just create an account with email address, now everything is downloadable?

2. Not useful for international ministry

- Many people I assume like me would want more than one Holiday calendars available simultaneously. There are people who say, preach abroad one month a year etc, a multi-calendar would be beneficial to them.

- There are so many other things in the calendar dropdown on the ring (I'm not sure how they help by the way? Are they all calendars?), but  international holiday calendars would be what I would (and indeed did) expect to see in the calendar dropdown.

Thanks for your reply but if the implementation stays as it is, I feel this is (another) feature that I want to use, but poor design choice limits my use (The other 2, for me, are I need icons for shortcut folders not words, and the number of steps in the workflow hierarchy is a fraction too small for my usual workflow!)

Thanks again for the update and all you do,

James

Posts 2
Trevor Boggon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2020 12:38 AM

Hi. When I go to "Update Now" I get the message "No updates available."

Posts 24616
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2020 12:45 AM

Hi Trevor - and welcome to the forums

Trevor Boggon:

Hi. When I go to "Update Now" I get the message "No updates available."

Which version of Logos software are you currently running?

Graham

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS