2 Readers

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 10 2020 4:55 PM

I of course have my own reading lists on my Laptop, Android, and iPad in my preferred Bible. My wife would like to occasionally read scripture in her favorite translation on my iPad. But not a systematic reading. Just pick a passage and read.

How can I best facilitate her?

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2020 6:15 PM

All she has to do is go to Library, start typing in the name of her preferred translation, open that up, and then type in the verse/chapter/book where she wants to start. No reading list required.

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2020 7:42 PM

Sorry I didn't explain myself. At 70+ it needs to be simple. So I was trying to make Card on the home page or a Layout, or something simple. Probably cant be done. Thanks

Posts 32110
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2020 8:58 PM

I'm sure it can be done if we put our mind to it ... you want a plan to read randomly, at your own pace ... the at your own pace is easily done. The question is how it handles reading out of sequence ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29346
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2020 9:19 AM

Rick Ratzlaff:
My wife would like to occasionally read scripture in her favorite translation on my iPad.

Rick Ratzlaff:
How can I best facilitate her?

I think "my iPad" is perhaps the important part here. 

My suggestion is that you download one of the other Faithlife apps. When she opens up that OTHER app, it will open to where she left off as long as she leaves that bible open in that app. 

You might have the undesired consequence of having that bible open up to HER passage in THAT translation, but only if that particular bible is CLOSED in your app. 

If that is a problem for you, you could 1) have her use a different app from a different company ("Bible" from Life.Church would be a good one) or if you want to stick in FL 2) create a new account for her and again use a different app. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2020 2:22 PM

Thanks ya'll. I guess it will be a separate app. Stay safe.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS