Turn off footnote "callers" in reftagger pop-up

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2
Matthew A. Postiff | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 11 2020 7:47 AM

Hovering over a reftagger reference to 2 Cor. 1:3-4 NKJV, I see this:

eBlessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who fcomforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any 1trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are …

I don't remember seeing the footnote markers before. They are very distracting. I looked in the setup page and Advanced settings for the reftagger script, but did not see how to turn off footnote callers (e, f, 1, etc.)

Any way to do this?

Bonus question: why in Firefox do some reftagger passages have a downward pointing carrot at the end of them, and some do not?

Thank you!

Posts 4
Leona Dorothy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2021 12:48 PM

Seeing this issue, as well.  Hopefully, this can be resolved ASAP!  There's no need to display these markers.  One of our website's user has reported these as typos, yet it seems it's Reftagger's issue with displaying these footnote markers verses a typo in any scriptures on our website.

Posts 1
Brandon Schroeder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2021 12:06 PM

We've encountered the same issue. I too don't recall seeing this when we initially setup reftagger.

Users are reporting this bug as typos. I reached out to Faithlife and was told they don't support reftagger. Without a clear solution, we have to disable the script until there is a solution. Hoping someone can offer some help soon.

Posts 25
LogosEmployee
Victor Bushong (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 27 2021 12:22 PM

I haven't been able to identify a cause for this yet. It appears to be an issue only when using NKJV. If anyone has seen this with other translations, let me know. I will post an update if I find a solution.

Posts 4
Leona Dorothy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 28 2021 8:22 AM

@Brandon Schroeder If Faithlife doesn't support reftagger, who does?  How does it get maintained or bugs get fixed?  Is there an open-source repo somewhere?

Posts 4
Leona Dorothy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 28 2021 8:28 AM

@Victor Bushong (Faithlife)  It definitely occurs with NKJV.  I've tried switching it to ESV (another version that has footnote marks on biblia.com [see https://biblia.com/bible/esv/exodus/20/8-11]) and the problem does not occur there.  So maybe something with how the footnotes are being generated on biblia.com for the NKJV version?  HCSB also has footnotes on biblia.com and renders correctly in Reftagger.  So, not sure what the difference is in how Reftagger is displaying the data from each version.

Posts 4
Mark Cooper | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2022 12:23 PM

I came here to report the same issue... also with NKJV.

Posts 1
Bill Bryson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 9 2022 11:47 AM

Reporting that this footnote letter issues is still not resolved in regards to the Reftagger including "footnote" references with the NKJV text.  From previous testing by another person, it appears this issue is isolated to only NKJV text.  Other versions that have cross/footnote references do not have those in the pop-up text.  Maybe the NKJV text needs to be re-parsed properly on the server side to fix this issue. 

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Ali Pope | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2022 5:09 PM

Thank you all for your feedback. A case has been created to resolve this issue.

Ali Pope | Associate Program Manager

Posts 307
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 3 2022 10:03 AM

I have this problem, and would appreciate a heads-up when it is resolved.

I would also appreciate more control over the size of the tool-tip, the size of the font, and the max number of words displayed.

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Ali Pope | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 6 2022 1:29 PM

Bob Diebel:
I have this problem, and would appreciate a heads-up when it is resolved.

I will update this thread when the issue is fixed.

Bob Diebel:
I would also appreciate more control over the size of the tool-tip, the size of the font, and the max number of words displayed.

Thank you for your feedback. Feel free to post your suggestions here or vote for existing suggestions.

Ali Pope | Associate Program Manager

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS