Interesting statistics from a seminary site

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33274
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 13 2020 3:04 PM

Unfortunately, some might see this as controversial or political -- so if you respond please carefully stay out of politics and theology. Gordon Conwell

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 708
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2020 5:20 PM

Many, many thanks, MJ!

Posts 9627
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 6:28 AM

Fascinating. It puts a lot of things in perspective.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2749
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 6:54 AM

It's not political at all but maybe Romans 8 is. Just sayin'

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5419
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 7:51 AM

I suppose I could be wrong (if I recall, it's happened before), but I'm thinking the "10 speak English" is an undercount. Though English may not be the native language of 90, English is (prior to but especially since the advent of the internet) the lingua franca of the world. It says 5 speak Russian, but I'd expect at least 1-3 of those to also speak English. Same for many of the others.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5552
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 4:04 PM

David Paul:
I suppose I could be wrong (if I recall, it's happened before), but I'm thinking the "10 speak English" is an undercount.

I'm pretty sure that "as their first language" is implied, given that the number of people noted as speaking a language adds up to exactly 100.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS