Please explain how these resources will tie into L9

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 984
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 5:13 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

The library resources themselves enable Factbook to display them as a Key Article.

The datasets enable you to search your Bibles for instances of the things this data is tagging. For example, you could search for {Label Miracle WHERE Agent ~ <Person Paul>} to find all the Miracles where Paul was the agent of that miracle. Each dataset has its own distinct list of properties that can be searched for.

Thanks Andrew!

Posts 353
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 8:52 PM

MJ. Smith ........

I didn't think I had Bible Browser but looks like I do.... I will explore it... Thanks.

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 31892
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 9:10 PM

xnman:
I didn't think I had Bible Browser but looks like I do.... I will explore it... Thanks.

It is not all dependent on the Bible Browser - the browser is simply the organizing principle for this section.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 97
Greg Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2020 5:40 AM

I am running Verbum 9.1. I have Verbum Platinum. I have several of the "All the ..." resources, including "All the Miracles in the Bible". When I enter "Jesus Turns Water Into Wine", which is one of the entries in that resource, the Factbook does not link to that as a key article. Based on what I've read in this thread I would have expected it to.  Here are the screenshots, one from the Factbook, the other from the resource "All the Miracles in the Bible".

Posts 2521
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2020 6:59 AM

I can confirm Greg's finding regarding "All the Miracles".  It does show in the dropdown list in Factbook as "miracle", just not linking the key article.

Posts 2582
LogosEmployee

Greg Rose:
When I enter "Jesus Turns Water Into Wine", which is one of the entries in that resource, the Factbook does not link to that as a key article.

Yup, this is a bug we caught a couple days ago that applies to that specific resource (and perhaps one other). It is fixed and should be available in an upcoming beta.

For now, this should work correctly at https://app.logos.com/tools/factbook if you are anxious to try it out.

Posts 184
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2020 9:56 AM

It works in Beta 2 9.2 on Verbum, I suspect they sneaked the fix in before beta 2 came out?

Posts 2582
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2020 10:12 AM

Pater Noster:

It works in Beta 2 9.2 on Verbum, I suspect they sneaked the fix in before beta 2 came out?

Ah, great! I couldn't recall the exact timing on when the fix went in.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS