The new "All the...in the Bible" resources and datasets

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26601
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 17 2020 10:34 PM

"All the Altars..."  has extensive links to you-know-what, but the Searches provided are uneven:

• Incense altar article ==> "Incense altar" (specific)
  • Altar of Incense article ==> "altar of incense" and tabernacle (why tabernacle?)
  • Stone Altar article ==> Altar, "Stone altar", "Stone Altar" (why Altar? Why be Case sensitive?)
  • Temple Altar article ==>  Altar, "Temple altar", "Temple Altar"  (why Altar? Why be Case sensitive?)
  • Altar Built by Gideon article ==>  "Altar Built by Gideon"  (specific)
  • Earthen Altar article ==> "Earthen Altar" (also specific)

"All the Altars..." is a Monograph with Bible milestones. It could be Bible Notes

"All the Meals..." is a Commentary?? Even Bible Notes wouldn't be suitable as the milestones are all over the place e.g. Ex 20.24 covers Amos 2.8, Ro 11.3. 1 Cor 9:13 covers all the Altars by Builder, and Altars by Location.

The earlier "All the Miracles..." is also not a Commentary, but it could be classed as Bible Notes.

As the Series name states, they are Lists.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2524
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2020 11:27 PM

I think they are topical concordances which Logos types as Bible Concordance similar to Nave's. I do not think commentary or monograph are appropriate. The TOC is topical, not Biblically laid out. Just a thought.

Posts 367
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2020 11:12 AM

Aren't these the same as Lockyer "All the...." series?

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 32173
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2020 11:37 AM

In beta they were given a factbook type ... I've forgotten the exact wording. But I would like to see them along side

Thompson, Jeremy, ed. 2020. Lists of Biblical People, Places, Things, and Events. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife.

Thompson, Jeremy, ed. 2020. Lists of Words and Concepts. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 32173
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2020 11:37 AM

xnman:

Aren't these the same as Lockyer "All the...." series?

Not in terms of how they function.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26601
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 6:30 AM

MJ. Smith:

In beta they were given a factbook type ... I've forgotten the exact wording. But I would like to see them along side

Thompson, Jeremy, ed. 2020. Lists of Biblical People, Places, Things, and Events. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife.

Thompson, Jeremy, ed. 2020. Lists of Words and Concepts. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife.

And these are monographs indexed on Headwords, and fairly loose use of headwords at that e.g. books of the bible.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS