2021 Devotional Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 281
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 28 2020 4:32 AM

I have enjoyed reading through both volumes of D.A. Carson's "For the Love of God" devotionals for a number of years because it guides me through the Bible in a year and adds interesting and meaningful commentary.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar calendar devotional commentary that will also guide my reading through the Bible in a year?

-john

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 9625
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2020 4:04 PM

John, I started reading Carson's "For the Love of God" this year and in 2021 I'm planning to read his second volume.

I would highly recommend that you consider Dallas Willard's 365 devotional called "Hearing God" as I used it a few years ago and found it to be excellent and of the quality of Carson's devotionals. https://www.logos.com/product/55204/hearing-god-through-the-year-a-365-day-devotional

I'm also interested in hearing what others recommend.

Whatever you decide please let us know.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 281
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2020 3:11 AM

Thanks Bruce. I have "Hearing God" in my library and will check it out! I really have appreciated other books by Dallas Willard.

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS