Suddenly No Longer Working

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 31
Cal | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 30 2020 4:02 PM

Greetings Forum Members, I am curious if anyone has had this problem.

• I have never had an issue in eight years of daily use 
  • computer is about six years old i7-4790k  4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

• a little over 50GB of free space on my 250GB SSD
  • no other software issues
  • I do fill my two screens with panels on my two monitors (27" & 38")
  • I have been using this hardware and layout for years with no problems

Today Logos became so sluggish it is not useable.  Tech support checked for updates to Windows 10 and Logos, all up to date.  So I reinstalled 3,500 resources.  Six hours later same problem.  I depend on Logos for my employment, so I will purchase a new computer tomorrow.  I am just curious if anyone has had a similar issue.

Thank you, Cal.

Posts 77
Bob Price | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 5:19 PM

When this happens, open task manager and sort the list by CPU usage. That  might show what is taking up all of your processor cycles. 

Posts 37
Dave Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 6:44 PM

Yes, about a week ago I started experiencing similar issues where Logos will take over 5 minutes to open. I have a fast cpu, 32 GB of RAM, and a dedicated SSD for Logos. While opening Logos my cpu is maxed at 100% with Logos taking over 90% of it. After opening it is still incredibly slow, taking up to 30 seconds to do things like closing or opening a resource tab. I have opened an issue with support and have sent them the log files from the Logos Performance Tool. Hopefully it is something that can be easily addressed. Let me know if anyone finds a solution. Thankfully I have a laptop that is still running Logos without issue.

Posts 31
Cal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:24 PM

Thank you for the trouble shooting idea using the task manager Bob.  

Yes Dave your description sounds like the lag and unresponsive cursor I am experiencing. Oddly enough after another call to level one support, Logos is running normal after restarting my computer again.  I am however waiting for the problem to reoccur.

I must say Logos is a digital research library that has me absolutely spoiled.  I would not want to live without it.

Once again thank you both for responding...  May God grant your desires this new year.

Posts 30865
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 8:05 PM

Cal:
  So I reinstalled 3,500 resources.

Reinstalling resources is rarely a fix. Did you wipe all of your data files as well? In any case, a techie would need to look at logs to see what is going on “under the hood.” If it happens again, grab the logs. See my signature line. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 31
Cal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2020 9:15 PM

Thank you JT, I will familiarize myself with the data logs and data files.  I appreciate the help.  Have a great new year and may your dreams come true.  Cal.

Posts 19600
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 7:23 AM

Cal:
I will familiarize myself with the data logs and data files.

Logos Help Center (LHC) has support article: 

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS