Sermon Manager without adding to Sermon Documents

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Jeff | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 4 2021 5:55 PM

Hi

I am planning on using the sermon manager to plan out the sermon series for our church over the next year. I preach the majority of the Sundays, but not every Sunday. Is there a way to add the sermon into the sermon manager without creating a sermon document - for the sermons I'm not preaching? 

This way, I can still see the preaching schedule and roster but I don't need to overcrowd my sermon documents list with empty preaching templates.

Posts 2112
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 8:37 PM

Not as this point. We chose a simple approach to the design where a sermon record = a sermon document. There are cases where this isn't ideal, but it allowed us to cut out a bunch of extra complexity.

You might consider using the document to take notes on others' sermons. I've use sermon documents for that and found it to be a pretty nice experience that's to the structured preset styles, Scripture blocks, fill in the blanks, and sermon-specific metadata.

Posts 10
Alan Monroe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 4:58 AM

I created a blank "sermon" and called it vacation, day off, something like that, which I can insert whenever I am taking a day off. 

Posts 90
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 5:12 AM

I'm on a preaching team and create a new sermon for other preaching team members so I know they are preaching.  Love the new sermon manager.

Posts 2314
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 6:11 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
You might consider using the document to take notes on others' sermons.

Great idea!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS