Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 96
Darrell Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2021 6:05 AM

The analogy of free car and gas isn’t quite fitting. Our resources don’t need to be refilled. We can continue to use them as long as Logos is maintained.
You could say that Logos offers a free car but with manual transmission, low horsepower, no frills. If you want more power, auto transmission, GPS, etc, you pay for the upgrades. I think that’s fair enough.
I have over 800 resources, which I use with the free Logos 8 Basic. It’s enough for me, and I don’t see the need to get L9. Don’t feel that you need to pay to access and use your resources.

Posts 96
Darrell Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2021 6:48 AM

About the high-priced gas: yes, I agree that resources are expensive, especially after factoring in exchange rate, for me. I almost never buy anything that is not at 50% or more discount. But I also note that prices on the other electronic platforms are comparable. 

Resources may have been cheaper on WS, but we should also recall that the car in that case was starting to become less roadworthy - notably for Catalina users. It was a sign of real trouble.

Posts 1492
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2021 8:30 AM

I don’t wonder why companies who made cheaper prices for digital products are out of business. It is easy to sell paper books. You sold it and got your money and no more maintenance. Digitals, once you sold, it’s only beginning. You have to always secure it, update servers, update program, and etc. We should not forget that

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 2270
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2021 8:39 AM

To keep the car analogy relevant - I used to drive a Mitsubishi Precis. I added an after-market cruise control to that car. Mitsubishi no longer makes that model of a car. I was later given a free Buick. Would it be reasonable for me to expect GM to provide a cruise control for my new Buick since I had purchased one for my Mitsubishi? GM MAY offer attractive incentives to keep me in their line of vehicles, but they are under NO OBLIGATION to "make me whole" with the ownership experience I had with a previous manufacturer who no longer makes or sells that vehicle.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS