Calendar starts on Monday, not Sunday

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Marek Tomasovic | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:21 AM

Hello, 

is there a way to set my calendar to start on Monday, instead of Sunday? It gets be really confused and I already made a few mistakes Big Smile

Thank you! 
Marek 

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 7:03 AM

I think this may be a setting in your operating system. If you are on a PC, in windows open setting, then time and language and then date and time and I think it can be set there. If you are using a Mac others will have to chime in.

Edit: I neglected to welcome you to the forums Marek. I hope you return often.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3
Marek Tomasovic | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 8:00 AM

Hi Bruce, 

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have a Mac and all calendars (the calendar app and the date/time panel) start with Monday. So it seems that Logos is overriding this somehow and setting Sunday as first day of the week. 

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 8:45 AM

Marek Tomasovic:
I have a Mac and all calendars (the calendar app and the date/time panel) start with Monday.

That is very strange as every calendar on my Mac starts on Sunday in agreement with every standard calendar in the US.

Where are you located?

Posts 3
Marek Tomasovic | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 10:12 AM

Hi Jack, 

I'm from Slovakia, Europe where calendars start with Mondays. The reason all my Mac's calendars start with Monday is because I set it to. (That's why yours are all set to Sundays, because it matches your regional settings). Coincidentally, that also seems to be Logos' default setting and you don't see any problem. 

Marek 

Posts 29227
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 9:16 PM

Jack Caviness:

Marek Tomasovic:
I have a Mac and all calendars (the calendar app and the date/time panel) start with Monday.

That is very strange as every calendar on my Mac starts on Sunday in agreement with every standard calendar in the US.

Where are you located?

Side note: when I was in vocational church ministry, I set all of my calendars to start on Monday. It made more sense that way from a ministry perspective. I don’t do so now because it isn‘t an issue currently in my personal or professional life. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 8:19 AM

Marek Tomasovic:

Hi Jack, 

I'm from Slovakia, Europe where calendars start with Mondays. The reason all my Mac's calendars start with Monday is because I set it to. (That's why yours are all set to Sundays, because it matches your regional settings). Coincidentally, that also seems to be Logos' default setting and you don't see any problem. 

Marek 

Thanks for the clarification. In my European travels, I never noticed that—but that was almost 50 years ago Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS