Faithlife Forums = Cripple Software

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 203
Fabian | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 14 2021 1:05 AM

Hello

Not only the Search in the Forum is full buggy, but also if I delete the cookies on the Mac I lost all the markers of the content I read. 

Really? Do you have still the same logic as with SESB Libronix. As the Libronix doesn't worked after Microsoft discontinued the Internet Explorer (I guess it was 6)?

There is no other Forum software out there, with no functional Search and where you lost the markers for the content you read except the Logos one. 

No to mention that the Forums software has made my Mac hot (that was another post) as I have the AdGuard running. 

Come on. 

Posts 32997
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2021 1:54 AM

The Forums run on third party software.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2021 1:58 AM

Yes, the forum software is old, and has issues.

You could try posting a suggestion at https://feedback.faithlife.com/

Fabian:
Not only the Search in the Forum is full buggy

Do you mean fully broken? (It used to return an error, but that was fixed a month or so ago.)

Either way, many users prefer to use Google, and add site:community.logos.com to search terms there.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 2805
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2021 5:22 AM

Can't we just get a custom search from Google in the same place where the current search field is? It It would make things easier for users who know of the search issues, decrease frustration for users who don't know about the issues, and even generate revenue for FL from all the searches made by forum users.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 1805
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2021 5:35 AM

Some of us feel about Goggle the way you feel about Amazon. 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 2805
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2021 6:14 AM

Tom:

Some of us feel about Goggle the way you feel about Amazon. 

I feel the same about Google as I feel about Amazon. They've just not cheated me out of $10,000 (yet).

But it's impossible to avoid either of these companies beacuse both hold de facto monopolies.

And a custom search box is a loss less critical than using cloud services. Logos does use AWS too. Just imagine they'd shut down the Logos cloud from one day to the next, in the same way as they've done with Parler, just because someone produces 18 screen shots of content in Logos resources that are considered "hate speech" in the current political climate.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 404
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2021 7:57 AM

Fabian:
Not only the Search in the Forum is full buggy, but also if I delete the cookies on the Mac I lost all the markers of the content I read. 

I believe that is only the case, because deleting the cookies logged you out of the website. I read the forum regularly on two different computers and the read/unread status syncs fine between those two, so I do not think it is saved in any cookies. 

I just tried: When I delete my cookies, I lose the Read/Unread-status, but I am also logged out. As soon as I logged in again, the status was back.

Fabian:
There is no other Forum software out there, with no functional Search and where you lost the markers for the content you read except the Logos one.

While there are a lot of complaints about the forum search, it is not true that it is not functional at all.

Can you tell me one forum where you keep the markers when deleting your cookies? How could that be? How could the website know who you are or what threads you have read without a cookie or without you being logged in? And how can you stay logged in, without a cookie?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS