Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 55 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 19140
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2021 8:12 PM

DAL:

mike:

Rosie Perera:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Check out these 22 Oxford Handbooks now available for pre-order!

Great! I pre-ordered nearly all of them. A bundle to make them a bit more affordable would be nice.

Money grows on Rosie's tree. Surprise

She owns the entire Logos catalog except for these new volumes, that’s all 😂😂😂 Not really but I’m sure her library is over 20K books, easily!!!
👍😁👌

Ha ha! Bit of an exaggeration. But I do have 27,408 resources in my Library, not counting all the tens of thousands of titles (from Perseus, the Library of Early English History, the Library of Early American History, and several other books that I didn't want polluting my library) which I've hidden.

And some of the money that grows on my trees came from my investment in Logos Bible Software before Logos 1.0 had even shipped. I finally sold my shares back to the company a few years ago when I no longer wanted to be involved in shareholder stuff, and they were trying to consolidate ownership. That investment has more than paid for the six figures I've spent on Logos resources over the years. I never guessed it would amount to much and that wasn't my intent going into it anyway. Just wanted to help Bob get his company off the ground since it seemed like a great idea. I remember him talking to me about it on the plane on the way back from Europe on a Microsoft business trip we took together in 1992, when Logos was just a side project he was working on in his spare time.

Posts 1614
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2021 10:59 PM

I pre-ordered two of them.

I took part to a medical research project as test rabbit and they projected 25 years more for me at 50% probability. That is the main limitation, if I want to read or become familiar with the information in the books. Otherwise I am happy to support  Faithlife with purchases, and thus indirectly support the real theologians. 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1686
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2021 1:58 PM

Rosie Perera:

Ha ha! Bit of an exaggeration. But I do have 27,408 resources in my Library, not counting all the tens of thousands of titles (from Perseus, the Library of Early English History, the Library of Early American History, and several other books that I didn't want polluting my library) which I've hidden.

And some of the money that grows on my trees came from my investment in Logos Bible Software before Logos 1.0 had even shipped. I finally sold my shares back to the company a few years ago when I no longer wanted to be involved in shareholder stuff, and they were trying to consolidate ownership. That investment has more than paid for the six figures I've spent on Logos resources over the years. I never guessed it would amount to much and that wasn't my intent going into it anyway. Just wanted to help Bob get his company off the ground since it seemed like a great idea. I remember him talking to me about it on the plane on the way back from Europe on a Microsoft business trip we took together in 1992, when Logos was just a side project he was working on in his spare time.

Wow, that's an amazing story, Rosie.

Posts 681
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2021 4:35 PM

I would like to pre-order them all as well, but does anybody know if The Oxford Handbook of Bankruptcy will be available soon? Wink

Posts 720
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 5:32 AM

Very droll

Posts 930
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 6:50 AM

Hi all,

We do plan to have a bundle up soon (hopefully today).

Thanks,

Ben

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 2816
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 7:11 AM

Brad:
I would like to pre-order them all as well, but does anybody know if The Oxford Handbook of Bankruptcy will be available soon? Wink

Hahaha, nice one BradBig Smile

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 314
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 7:43 AM

I am probably not that interested in these, but if you check out Amazon, you will see these here are a steal.  For example, the Oxford Handbook on the Psalms, has a Kindle version as a textbook version for a mere $140. 

Posts 2089
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 11:53 AM

We just added four more, bringing to total to 26. That completes what we're offering in this first batch. We'll be posting a collection of all 26 soon.

Posts 4849
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 6:39 PM

Brad:

*cough* *cough* *cough*

Bruce Roth:

I am probably not that interested in these, but if you check out Amazon, you will see these here are a steal.

Faithlife's PreOrder pricing may look a touch frightening at first glance, but it is indeed excellent relative to buying these volumes by other means.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We just added four more, bringing to total to 26.

Very nice to see the Oxford Handbook of Sacramental Theology among the new volumes. Co-edited ecumenically. Just needs a good ToC on the PDP, but you already knew I thought that.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 176
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 10:14 AM

I too am interested in seeing a bundle made available for these 26 volumes!

Posts 7882
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 2:28 PM

Brad:

Whooops!!!

Posts 379
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 7:01 AM
@Phil If we decide to order the bundle of 26, do we need to undo all previous individual pre-orders? Kindly advise. Thank you!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 930
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 8:09 AM

Vincent Chia:
@Phil If we decide to order the bundle of 26, do we need to undo all previous individual pre-orders? Kindly advise. Thank you!

You will not need to undo previous individual orders provided you don't cancel the pre-order for the bundle. If you do that, your individual pre-orders will still process (if that makes sense ...).

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1339
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 8:11 AM

There doesn't seem to be any previews, can someone describe what these do? Do they have links to the primary works?

Posts 176
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 10:46 AM

edited

Posts 2092
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 11:09 AM

Pater Noster:

When will it be possible to pre-order the bundle if we like the price?

yes.  When they post it 

Posts 176
Pater Noster | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 11:18 AM

edited

Posts 2092
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 11:49 AM

Pater Noster:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Pater Noster:

yes.  When they post it 

sorry you feel that way     yes means yes you can preorder a bundle but nothing can happen until they post it.  

Yes answers nothing, "when they post it" is snarky. Thanks for the reply.

Posts 122
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 11:53 AM

Pater Noster:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Pater Noster:

yes.  When they post it 

Yes answers nothing, "when they post it" is snarky. Thanks for the reply.

PN:  You are the snarky one here.  I just looked at the top of the pre-pub list to see if the collection you desire is available.  It is not.  Why don't you look tomorrow or Friday??  Take the initiative, you know??

Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS