Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 32173
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 16 2021 2:56 PM

I was using the word "locusts" in Mk 1:6 as my Context Menu Test.

1. Select the datatype version of Longacre genre; then select copy references: search. One gets {Section <LongacreGenre = Narr: Story>} -- note it already has the Section wrapping it.

2. Select the datatype of Literary typing; then select copy references: search. One gets <LiteraryTyping ~ Narrative, Gospel> -- note one has to manual add the Section wrap.

Please be consistent and add the Section where needed. This sort of inconsistency adds to the sense that the Search is impossibly difficult.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26601
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 6:33 AM

Thankfully, I don't use that, but the normal Search provides  {Section <LiteraryTyping = Narrative, Gospel>}

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

IMO, adding "{Section ...}" around the text copied by "Copy Reference: Search" is a bug. The context menu command should copy the basic, minimum syntax that's required for specifying the reference in search. It's then up to the user to use {Section ...}, {Milestone ...}, or any other search extension with it.

MJ. Smith:
Please be consistent and add the Section where needed.

This isn't always knowable ahead of time, so I'd prefer to never add the {Section ...} at all, and be consistent about copying just the base reference.

Posts 32173
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 3:38 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
be consistent about copying just the base reference.

That is a satisfactory solution.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5203
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 6:25 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
This isn't always knowable ahead of time, so I'd prefer to never add the {Section ...} at all, and be consistent about copying just the base reference.

I endorse consistency.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS