Logos additional actions in Word

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 29
William K. Schlipp | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 1 2021 7:21 AM

I recently bought an HP Envy and installed Logos 9. I'm unable to get Word to recognize Logos as an additional action add-in. Additional actions are enabled in the auto correct dialog box but Logos Bible software is not listed as an additional action. I have tried the powershell registration fix from logos wiki but no help. As I said, this is a new computer and word was installed but it does not list Logos as an additional action add-in. It is listed in word on my other computer (Surface Pro 2) so I'm not sure why it didn't transfer to the new computer.

Thanks.

Posts 27252
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2021 1:58 PM

Have you got Word 32 bit or  64 bit?

Try restarting Logos

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29
William K. Schlipp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2021 3:17 PM

It's 64 bit. I tried restarting Logos but no help. When you say "restart" I assume you mean close the program and reopen it.

Posts 27252
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2021 4:30 PM

Close Logos and Word. Try running  regsvr32 “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos\System\LSmtTg64.dll”  in a Command Prompt and open Logos & Word.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1
Farrel Stauffer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2021 2:04 PM

Dave,

Perhaps you can help me as well. I also lost the 'additional actions' ability.  It was lost when I installed the free version of Logos 9.  Since it is the easiest way to insert a passage of scripture into a Word document, I would like to fix the problem. I am currently using the 32 bit version of Office 365.

Thanks,

Farrel

Posts 27252
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 7:08 PM

Farrel Stauffer:
I am currently using the 32 bit version of Office 365.

As you had it previously, try the troubleshooting steps. Rebooting the computer may also work!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8
Rodney Holloman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2021 6:46 PM

Thanks for the help and the links.

This has happened this week as I was using the feature until Wednesday or Thursday.

I have followed the troubleshooting but it almost seems like a bug versus becoming an unregistered DLL.

Still broken for me.

As everything is registered (DLL), and this happened after the new version, I would like to suggest this is a bug.

Posts 27252
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2021 1:01 PM

Rodney Holloman:
As everything is registered (DLL), and this happened after the new version, I would like to suggest this is a bug.

It cannot be treated as a bug because Smart Tags have always been unsupported by Faithlife (as well as deprecated by Microsoft).

They work for me with Logos 9.3.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8
Rodney Holloman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2021 1:52 PM

Rodger. I had forgotten that.

I did make a good screenshot video of it not working :)

Thanks,
Rodney H

Posts 27252
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2021 2:31 PM

Dave Hooton:
They work for me with Logos 9.3.

Sadly, I discovered that the current version 16.0.13801.20266 (v.2102 build 13801.20266)  causes the Additional Actions menu item to be unresponsive with a Smart Tag (and other Actions) on two machines. One user has crashes. This doesn't look like Actions are being phased out, so a future update of Office could resolve the problem. 

The previous v.2101 build 13628.20380 was OK with Smart Tags.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS