Sermon word count / time estimate in 9.3 beta 1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 25127
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 1 2021 2:16 PM

The 9.3 beta 1 release notes have:

Sermon Builder

• Added a word count/time estimate pop-up to the Sermon Builder.

This seems to be a small permanent floating indicator at the bottom right of the panel and it is no longer visible in the info pane. Is this correct / is this how it is intended to function?

I like the ability to see a time estimate without having to have the info panel open but I'm not keen on it where it is as it obscures a small part of the sermon text. Could the popup be made optional so I can choose whether it is visible or not?

Posts 59
Rob Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2021 2:31 PM

Totally agree Graham. I like having it where it can be seen, but it is in the wrong place. It would be better if you could move it.

Posts 25127
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2021 7:09 AM

I just wanted to flag this again - and would like a response from someone at Faithlife.

As can be seen from the screenshot below, this popup obscures part of the text of the sermon which means I can't see part of what I am writing. Please can this be addressed

Posts 816
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2021 10:14 AM

We agree: That's not gonna work. Thanks for calling it out!

Posts 25127
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2021 12:51 PM

Thanks Eli

Appreciated, Graham

Posts 514
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 4:16 AM

Eli Evans (Faithlife):

We agree: That's not gonna work. Thanks for calling it out!

Microsoft Word's placement at the bottom of the window is ideal; it's small, doesn't cover anything up, costs very little real estate, but is always present. For what it's worth, I prefer the current placement over having to go looking for it, but would rather have it not covering up text.

Posts 3621
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 3:36 PM

Graham Criddle:

I like the ability to see a time estimate without having to have the info panel open but I'm not keen on it where it is as it obscures a small part of the sermon text. Could the popup be made optional so I can choose whether it is visible or not?

We have moved this to a status bar at the bottom in 9.4 Beta 2.

Posts 25127
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 4:16 PM

Thanks Philana

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS