BUG: Sermon Manager export function not working

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 14
LogosEmployee
Joe Fradley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2021 11:13 AM

Interesting point about all being out of the US. I think some have already said this worked, but just to confirm, even though the 'Send to' and 'Paste to' aren't working with Excel you're able to open the *.xml file generated when selecting "Save as" in Excel successfully?

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2021 11:29 AM

Joe Fradley (Faithlife):
I think some have already said this worked, but just to confirm, even though the 'Send to' and 'Paste to' aren't working with Excel you're able to open the *.xml file generated when selecting "Save as" in Excel successfully?

That is correct - it opens without any problem

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2021 11:36 AM

Joe Fradley (Faithlife):
I think some have already said this worked, but just to confirm, even though the 'Send to' and 'Paste to' aren't working with Excel you're able to open the *.xml file generated when selecting "Save as" in Excel successfully?

Yes, same here. That works no problem.

Posts 12166
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2021 12:13 PM

Joe Fradley (Faithlife):

Interesting point about all being out of the US. I think some have already said this worked, but just to confirm, even though the 'Send to' and 'Paste to' aren't working with Excel you're able to open the *.xml file generated when selecting "Save as" in Excel successfully?

yep. Actually both (I think identical) files you can save - "as spreadsheet (Excel)" will produce an .xml file as does "as XML" 

By the way:

The logos.log has an error for trying the send to New Excel /existing Excel without further explanation:

(timestamp) ERROR (process-#) MicrosoftExcelUtility | Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

It tries to open Excel in the Send to New case (the icon is visible shortly in the taskbar).

It doesn't seem to be the language, at least trying from a German language UI in Verbum won't help opening it in the German language Excel.

EDIT: But it seems we all run the 2101 Version of Excel.....

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2021 1:27 AM

NB.Mick:

The logos.log has an error for trying the send to New Excel /existing Excel without further explanation:

(timestamp) ERROR (process-#) MicrosoftExcelUtility | Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

It tries to open Excel in the Send to New case (the icon is visible shortly in the taskbar).

I'm seeing the same as Nick in the log files and identical behaviour.

"2021-02-12 09:23:25.4858 ERROR 53 MicrosoftExcelUtility | Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

03502.Logos.zip

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 4:59 AM

Just wondering if there's any progress on this?!

Posts 3713
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 1:27 PM

Richard Wardman:

Just wondering if there's any progress on this?!

We do have a case open for this, but we don't know how to reproduce it internally.

Posts 1034
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2021 1:13 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
We do have a case open for this, but we don't know how to reproduce it internally.

Thanks Philana. I understand. Is there anything else we can do to help?! 

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS