Logos 9 Free upgrade, Logos 9 Basic, and Logos 9 Fundamentals now available

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 2 2021 11:29 AM

Basic: https://www.logos.com/product/194909/logos-9-basic 

Fundamentals: https://www.logos.com/product/195714/logos-9-fundamentals 

Logos Basic is the way to get the free Logos 9 upgrade. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8129
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2021 2:18 PM

Wow Fundamentals is now $25 for me! It includes two books, a second edition to Desilva’s NT Introduction and another second edition of Foundations of the Christian Faith by Montgomery.  I have the first edition for both, so I’ll have to check some samples before buying or maybe just buy something else.

DAL

Posts 1063
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2021 2:20 PM

Logos 9 Academic Basic is also out: https://www.logos.com/academic-basic

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2021 3:53 PM

Kiyah:

With this provision: This product is only available for members of the Academic Discount Program.

That seems like a new requirement as I was able to purchase previous academic packages. I don't see the same requirement for the other L9 Academic products, however, but that could be because it says I already own them.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 113
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2021 8:36 PM

DAL:

Wow Fundamentals is now $25 for me! It includes two books, a second edition to Desilva’s NT Introduction and another second edition of Foundations of the Christian Faith by Montgomery.  I have the first edition for both, so I’ll have to check some samples before buying or maybe just buy something else.

DAL

I didn't think Fundamentals included dynamic pricing. It did not for me.

Posts 755
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2021 11:09 PM

It doesn't include dynamic pricing, there is however special pricing. I see it for $25 signed in, but if I look in a private browser tab whilst signed out, it is showing as $50.

Dynamic pricing is not available for this product. However, you may qualify for special pricing.

It am on Connect, so perhaps that is why I qualify, or perhaps it is because I have already purchased enough of the package anyway through normal base packages? They have not said what the qualifier is for the special pricing so just speculation.

Posts 1063
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 7:24 AM

Mark Smith:

Kiyah:

With this provision: This product is only available for members of the Academic Discount Program.

That seems like a new requirement as I was able to purchase previous academic packages. I don't see the same requirement for the other L9 Academic products, however, but that could be because it says I already own them.

I saw that. Bummer. When you add it to your cart it basically tells you that you have to be a student to buy it and gives you a big "Remove Item" button. I own or have access to everything in it already anyway though. I usually have been able to add a few resources I don't own with the free versions but alas, no mas.

Posts 113
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 8:29 AM

Kevin:

It doesn't include dynamic pricing, there is however special pricing. I see it for $25 signed in, but if I look in a private browser tab whilst signed out, it is showing as $50.

Weird. I have Connect, have the faculty discount, and upgraded to Logos 9 Platinum. When I am logged in, it is $99.99 (and says the total cost of my unowned resources is about $250). When I log out, it becomes $50 and says the total value is $1362. Faithlife moves in mysterious ways.

Posts 686
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 2:43 PM

Mark Smith:

With the 2nd edition of DeSilva's New Testament? Great deal!

Posts 26
James Paton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 3:47 PM

The same thing happens for me - 50 when I'm logged out. 

Posts 1580
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2021 3:14 AM

It says:

*$49.99 offer is for first time base package purchasers only.

At that price with dynamic pricing I'd buy.

But not at $99.99.

Hope Faithlife can review this. 

Posts 4561
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2021 12:38 PM

DAL:

DAL

Me too... I wonder why we get it for $25

Posts 5
Scott Hoagland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 6:00 AM

I came over with  the WordSearch transfer. If I get the Logos 9 free upgrade, will I lose all the stuff I brought over with me?

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask.

Posts 19253
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 6:27 AM

Scott Hoagland:
If I get the Logos 9 free upgrade, will I lose all the stuff I brought over with me?

Welcome Big Smile

No. Getting free Logos 9 Basic and/or Verbum 9 Basic enables all the stuff brought over to be used in Logos 9 (plus may add some resources for your use, albeit Basic additions have "temporary" licenses that have no effect on dynamic pricing for other future purchases).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5346
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 2:26 PM

Scott Hoagland:
I came over with  the WordSearch transfer. If I get the Logos 9 free upgrade, will I lose all the stuff I brought over with me?

Buying more stuff from Faithlife never entails losing the stuff you already have.

Posts 4561
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 6:27 AM

Anyone know how or if possible to get the verbum version for $50? Looking for a cheap way to get Summa Theologica :)

Posts 113
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2021 1:17 PM

Mattillo:

Anyone know how or if possible to get the verbum version for $50? Looking for a cheap way to get Summa Theologica :)

It turns out that it is for first time base package purchases only, barring a bug some people may have benefitted from.

Posts 4561
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2021 3:34 PM

Thanks! Though I could have sworn they did the same thing for L8. At least I thought they did

Posts 4561
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2021 3:36 PM

If it is a bug it is still present

Posts 7
Roberto Lugo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 5:48 AM

If I purchased Logos 8 Fundamentals, what would be the best way for me to upgrade to Logos 9?  If I downloaded the free Logos 9 Basic, would I still have all of my resources that I purchased with the 8 Fundamentals?

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS