Access to Logos if the internet goes down or Faithlife is blocked or banned

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 735
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:07 PM

Rush Simonson:

What other options are you opining about? I do not know of another software product that offers close to what Logos offers.  This is a suggestion and comments forum in which the business asks its valued customers for feedback and suggestions so our comments are appropriate and constructive.  I have not heard any feedback from Logos at this point.  Are you privy to their opinion in this matter? Please share. I am very anxious with endless middle class bourgeoisie fears and desire an answer.

Someone from Logos commented a few weeks ago on this subject: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/198041/1147703.aspx#1147703

Posts 10
Rush Simonson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:16 PM

Thank you very much for the link, it gave me some good information.  My biggest question is how often my device must check in with FL to validate its license?  This is really to cruz of the matter.  I have Logos on over 6 computers/devices that I use regularly so hardware failure is not the issue.  My son is a high level IT sysop and he distills it down to requirement for a licensing server access.

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:45 PM

Rush Simonson:

Sorry, you are right, politics has never affected Christianity or restricted access to its materials.  My bad.

Goal!

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 2521
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 2:20 PM

Rush Simonson:
My biggest question is how often my device must check in with FL to validate its license?

It's my understanding that the license only needs to be validated once when it is installed.  After that, Logos could run indefinitely offline.

I have gone for 4-6 weeks with Logos functioning offline on my laptop before I connect it again and have never had any problems. 

Posts 1263
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 3:39 PM

Rene Atchley:

Simple suggestion-if it concerns you about losing your investment (for whatever endless hypothetical situation) then don't invest in the instrument.  

Safe to say, if you're a regular here, you've already made an investment.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 247
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2021 11:00 AM

Ronald Quick:

Rush Simonson:
My biggest question is how often my device must check in with FL to validate its license?

It's my understanding that the license only needs to be validated once when it is installed.  After that, Logos could run indefinitely offline.

I have gone for 4-6 weeks with Logos functioning offline on my laptop before I connect it again and have never had any problems. 

This agrees with my experience. I've been running Logos in a PC virtual machine that is usually offline for the best part of 10 years without issue - only going online from time-to-time to get updates. In the early days (Logos 4), it would throw up a dialogue box asking for credentials on startup, but it had a work offline button that allowed me to continue without the Internet. On recent releases, I haven't seen that box for a long time, so maybe they've re-coded it to automatically work offline if there is no Internet. Either way, it works.

Posts 4749
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2021 12:26 PM

Does anyone know what services require an Internet connection? I believe the atlas requires one. 

Posts 4749
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2021 12:29 PM

This thread lists a few but is quite old

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93180/646657.aspx#646657 

Posts 25207
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2021 12:34 PM

Mattillo:

Does anyone know what services require an Internet connection? I believe the atlas requires one. 

Searching for Net in the Logos help file gives a good indication:

I don't know if this information is completely current though.

Posts 19401
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2021 1:31 PM

Graham Criddle:

Mattillo:

Searching for Net in the Logos help file gives a good indication:

Net search in Help was helpful for updating Logos Wiki: 

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS