Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2021 9:38 AM

Is there a "Video" explaining what NOTE "Anchors" is for and what it does?

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2021 4:00 PM

Can anyone explain what Anchors do?

Posts 75
Robert Kostenbauder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2021 5:03 PM

The short answer is that Anchors anchor to a Bible reference  or to selected text. When you anchor you get an indicator image (like a postit note) next to the selection.  

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2021 6:26 PM

Thanks OK I've never used "Anchors" cause it was doing what I wanted. WinkWhat you don't know won't hurt you. At 73 I don't explore much. If it's working don't mess with it.

So now I see "Add Anchor" and 2 choices. 1) Active Reference - what's that? What criteria chose that suggestion, 2) Reference - I'm guessing I can enter my own. 

What am I creating my own cross-reference system?

Posts 75
Robert Kostenbauder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2021 7:41 PM

I suppose you could use notes for cross reference however i think you would be wise to look at the Faithlife (Logos)web site under the support heading and the training section for a better understanding of the tool. I have found Morris Proctor's web site very helpful.

Posts 32110
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2021 7:44 PM

73? You're still young. My retired rancher Dad was still going into the grade schools to solve their computer problems at 85.

Think of an anchor as where you wanted to be reminded that the note exist. Active reference is the reference showing in your active panel - active panel has the orange line. Yes, the alternative is to enter your own reference ... another place you want to see the note. So if the note is about the relationship among 3 verses you could make each of the verses an anchor.  When you have the notes on in the visual filter, the flag for the note will appear on all three.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2021 8:00 PM

Ah MJS to the rescue. Thanks that's cool. Now I know it won't bite. Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS