Hebrew for Reading Comprehension by William Paul Griffin - Exercise answers?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 5 2021 5:59 PM

I started using/reading this book, and was happy to see that it had answers to the Exercises - but only through Lesson 11. Sad Without the answers it's difficult to continue working through the book.

Any idea why there are answers only for the first 11 Lessons? Is there an answer key out there somewhere?

I was really liking the book because the author has you learn and work with the words both with and without vowel points so as to be able to concentrate on the consonants that make up a word.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2021 5:48 PM

I emailed the author and he responded that there is not an answer key in Logos, so I'll just work with what I know.

I guess that means that if I type in answers to the Lesson exercises, they'll be visible to other Logos users as well? Because that appears to be how I am able to see (and correct) the answers that are visible in my Logos resource - i.e., someone somewhere at some time typed in those answers. And since I can correct or add to them, I'm guessing my changes will show up for others.

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 3:13 PM

One of his students created draft answers for Lessons 1-20, which the author kindly sent me, and after that it's mostly translating actual passages from the Bible (the NASB can serve as a fairly literal "Answer Key"). So I think I'm good to continue working with the book, which I have really liked so far.

Posts 8200
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 5:26 PM

Can you share the notes/answers you’ve been sent?

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 5:39 PM

DAL:

I’ve requested permission to do so. I hope to hear back from him Monday.

Posts 8200
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 10:13 PM

Eric Weiss:

DAL:

I’ve requested permission to do so. I hope to hear back from him Monday.

Thanks! I’ll post my email with a dot com when/if you’re able to share 👍😁👌

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2021 6:16 AM

Dr. Griffin said “sure” so I can send it to you. Will be two files, one in regular font and one in 18 point which is easier to read on a tablet.

NOTE: Links now posted in message below to download the 2 files.

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2021 6:18 AM

When I get home to my computer I can attach it to a message here so I don’t have to keep sending it to people

Posts 195
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2021 6:35 AM

Great, thank you!

Posts 8200
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2021 7:26 AM

Thank you very much! 

DAL

Posts 887
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2021 7:33 AM

Here is the regular font size version of the draft Lesson Answer Key: 8053.Hebrew For Reading Comprehension Answer Key Rough Draft _1_.pdf

And here is the 18 point font size version: 2480.Hebrew For Reading Comprehension Answer Key Rough Draft _1_18pt.pdf

NOTE: There are some errors. E.g., Lesson 2 #6 is האשׁה בבית but the translation on the answer key is "The man was in the house." It should be "The woman is in the house" (you'll see in this Lesson the student uses "was" instead of "is" for most of the answers).

And if the answers I enter show up for other Logos users, then you will see some different answers than what this Answer Key gives. I say that because SOMEONE entered answers that were visible when I first started using the book, and I wasn't that someone—unless I did that so long ago that I forgot I had started the book previously without finishing it!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS