Organize topics to be covered in sermons

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 18 2021 6:14 AM

Dear Logos enthusiasts

Before christmas I purchased a feature upgrade to Logos 9. I have not done that since version 5, so there are a few new features. I have not looked at all the features yet, but one that stands out to me is the sermon manager and sermon editor. I have now migrated from Microsoft Word.

I am the pastor of a church that adhers to the historic liturgy, along with a set lectionary. The preaching should exposit the gospel text for each sunday or feast. In addition, I have a rather large (and slowly expanding) list of topics that I try to mention, or cover briefly whenever relevant to the allocated text. Some of it, I may cover in other ways, i.e. not as part of the sermon.

I am wondering if there is any way to plug such a list into the sermon manager. Obviously I could import my list into a note, and then use the topics section of each sermon document to track what I have covered lately. But if there is a simpler, more integrated method, I would love to hear about it.

Posts 24608
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2021 7:50 AM

There is a Topics section associated with a Sermon - and this is shown in the Sermon Manager. The Sermon Manager can sort by Topics or you can filter to specific topics.

The topics do need to be those defined within the Logos system - we can't just use our own

Would that help to keep a track of things?

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 1:36 AM

Graham Criddle:
There is a Topics section associated with a Sermon - and this is shown in the Sermon Manager. The Sermon Manager can sort by Topics or you can filter to specific topics.

[The topics do need to be those defined within the Logos system - we can't just use our own

Yes, this is what I was referring to by "topics section". It may be helpful for finding past semons. However, not so much for keeping an overview. 

That the topics must be predefined by Logos is a bit limiting. I notice for example that the individual commandmens do not seem to have assigned topics. It can probably be worked around some, but that probably beats the purpose. 

I did not really have high hopes, and I do have a paper system that works well enough. So that will be ok.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS