Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Nathan Boyette | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 27 2009 8:22 PM

Hello,

I am very new to Logos Bible Software but I saw someone using one in a presentation and they showed how they had a Bible dictionary linked to Bible passages.  So if there was word that had a dictionary entry they could just click on it and the dictionary entry would pop up... my software does not do that, is there a way to set this up?

Thanks,

Nathan

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 5:31 AM

Nathan Boyette:

Hello,

I am very new to Logos Bible Software but I saw someone using one in a presentation and they showed how they had a Bible dictionary linked to Bible passages.  So if there was word that had a dictionary entry they could just click on it and the dictionary entry would pop up... my software does not do that, is there a way to set this up?

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Logos has a good customization video here that takes you through the keylink options. The “data type” selections will allow you to chose your dictionary, this should be just what you need.

All the videos on Logos are at: Video Tutorials for Logos 3, really good information.

In Christ,

Paul

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 89
JF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 2:01 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Play with this just for fun.  I use this many times when I am trying to gather information from a particular resource. 

First Open   -   your  Bible   and    Easton  Bible Dictionary

From the menu  -   Go        Reference Browser

In the IN box dropdown select   Easton’s   ( should be close to the top)

Check the    Link to Active window Box     ( in bottom right hand corner )

Now as you move from verse to verse in your Bible – the Reference Browser  Result box will respond.  Click on a response to view the result.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 3:05 PM

Is it possible to link the Uabridged Oxford English Dictionary as my default dictionary in LOGOS? I have seen a Libronix version of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary. It makes me wonder if that excludes others.

Also, I haven't tried it yet but I wonder if my Libronix formatted 1828 Websters included in:

The Christian History Library The Christian History Library

can be designated as my default dictionary. It would be nice to be able to toggle back & forth between the two. (I really do have to get Camp LOGOS training.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 4:34 PM

MatthewCJones:

Is it possible to link the Uabridged Oxford English Dictionary as my default dictionary in LOGOS? I have seen a Libronix version of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary. It makes me wonder if that excludes others.

Also, I haven't tried it yet but I wonder if my Libronix formatted 1828 Websters included in:

The Christian History Library The Christian History Library

can be designated as my default dictionary. It would be nice to be able to toggle back & forth between the two. (I really do have to get Camp LOGOS training.)

As long as Libronix considers it a dictionary, you should have no problem. If you watch the customization video, linked above, you'll get a really good handle on linking.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 5
Nathan Boyette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 4:53 PM

Thanks!

Posts 5
Nathan Boyette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 6:56 PM

Paul Golder:

Hi Nathan,

Logos has a good customization video here that takes you through the keylink options. The “data type” selections will allow you to chose your dictionary, this should be just what you need.

All the videos on Logos are at: Video Tutorials for Logos 3, really good information.

In Christ,

Paul

Hello, I watched the linked video but the user interface is very different than mine.  I have the Mac version and I think the linked video is of the PC version.  Does anyone know how I can set up a dictionary while using the Mac version?

Thanks,

Nathan

Posts 5
Nathan Boyette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 7:00 PM

JF:

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Play with this just for fun.  I use this many times when I am trying to gather information from a particular resource. 

First Open   -   your  Bible   and    Easton  Bible Dictionary

From the menu  -   Go        Reference Browser

In the IN box dropdown select   Easton’s   ( should be close to the top)

Check the    Link to Active window Box     ( in bottom right hand corner )

Now as you move from verse to verse in your Bible – the Reference Browser  Result box will respond.  Click on a response to view the result.

Thanks JF, that is definitely helpful.  

The guy in the presentation only had to click on a word within the text and it would open up his preferred dictionary to the definition of the word (if it had an entry).  Anyone know how to set that up?  I seem to be lost.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 7:33 PM

Nathan Boyette:
Hello, I watched the linked video but the user interface is very different than mine.  I have the Mac version and I think the linked video is of the PC version.  Does anyone know how I can set up a dictionary while using the Mac version?

My mistake this is the Mac section here.

And this from Morris Proctor:

"While you're working in your Bible software choose Libronix DLS | Preferences | Appearance to customize your system."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS