How often do you use dark mode?

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8005
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2021 5:50 PM

MJ. Smith:

Never, ever ,,,, I find dark mode in any application is hard on my eyes.

I guess is not for everyone.  My eyes feel weird after a while of looking at a dark mode screen, so I stopped using it. Some love it and supposedly helps their vision, but that doesn’t seem to be the case with some of us.  Besides, the highlights get weird and not everything is clearly visible within the software!

DAL

Posts 985
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2021 6:06 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Logos has now offered dark mode for several months. I made the shift to dark mode on the first day and have never changed it.

How often do you use dark mode?

1. Always?
  2. Mostly?
  3. Seldom?
  4. Never?

Seldom verging on never at this point. As others have said, there are too many highlighting and color issues that make certain parts of the program either difficult to see or wholly unusable (ex. Bible Sense Lexicon). The inconsistency in execution across the program is annoying enough that I just stopped trying to use it.

If they fixed the color/highlight/contrast issues and made everything visible and consistent I'd probably use it late at night but still wouldn't use it all the time. But as it stands now too many things are hard to see because of the color issues. I'm disappointed to see that there are no improvements to dark mode included in the 9.3 update. It's like they stopped working on it.

Edit: I use dark mode on the mobile app and every other app on my phone that has the option. I use dark themes on websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, and anywhere else I find that as an option. I have a mixed dark and light theme on my Chrome and Firefox browsers. My Windows 10 is set to mixed Light and Dark. So I would probably use dark mode on Logos if they fixed the color issues and if I had some control over which elements of the program were light or dark like I do with Chrome/Firefox/Windows.

Posts 71
JeremyS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2021 8:18 PM

never. mainly cause the hyperlink blue and red letter red singe my corneas and need to be tweaked

Posts 1854
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 3:06 AM

Ditto to what Kiyah said, except I would use it full-time, if fixed. The brief time I used Dark Mode was very helpful for my vision problems.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 551
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 3:33 AM

Not right now, until they fix the problems with highlighting. I do like dark modes generally though, and never thought to use it in bed when I'm reading from the Logos app at night (currently the Bug Man 3-in-1 fiction series - I love Tim Downs!)... will do that tonight!

Posts 383
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 8:38 AM

Always. I use the dark mode pretty much on everything I can. The light mode hurts my eyes.

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 1131
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 9:35 AM

Note that the choice isn't just black on white or white on black. I use the "paper" colour for Resource Panel Background and find that works for me although I wish it was a little yellower than pinkish which is how it shows up on my screen.

Posts 35
Mr. Victor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 1:33 PM

David Thomas:

Never, until they fix they highlighting and link color issues.

THIS!

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS