Logos March Madness 2021

Page 3 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 70 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1518
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 9:18 PM

AYBC needs to go all the way! Joel Marcus' two-volumes on Mark are fantastic.

Posts 3157
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 1:38 AM

I would be interested to Lexham contextual commentaries N&O testametnt.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 950
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 6:44 AM

Jon:

I’m pretty disappointed that BECNT is excluded from the tournament, that should’ve been a no brainer to be included in there.

agreed; love to see this.

Posts 28
Peter Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 6:52 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

NICOT/NICNT has won the past couple of times we have done commentaries. So, we decided this year to put it in the hall of fame. This means we still have it on discount at 40% off at https://www.logos.com/march-matchups.

Kaleb, have you any idea when the NICOT/NICNT set will be updated to include the 2020 volumes on Amos and Ephesians that are only available separately?

I was planning to complete my set this month but the 40% looks less attractive when an additional $100 is required for these two volumes.

Thanks for any info!

Posts 4511
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 7:00 AM

Agreed. I’d buy it if Ephesians were included as well

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 10:02 AM

Peter Ryan:

Kaleb, have you any idea when the NICOT/NICNT set will be updated to include the 2020 volumes on Amos and Ephesians that are only available separately?

I was planning to complete my set this month but the 40% looks less attractive when an additional $100 is required for these two volumes.

Thanks for any info!

Let me check with the products team and I will get back to you.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 10:30 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

Peter Ryan:

Thanks for any info!

Keep an eye out they will be added in 2021, but not this month.

Posts 28
Peter Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 10:48 AM

Kaleb, many thanks Yes

Posts 4511
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 12:05 PM

Kaleb Cuevas:

Kaleb Cuevas:

Peter Ryan:

Thanks for any info!

Keep an eye out they will be added in 2021, but not this month.

:(

Hopefully in time for the end of the sale but I’m guessing no

Posts 1501
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 11:56 AM

Email with 35% discounts have a link to see all deals and there are no items with 35% discounts. See this link: https://www.logos.com/march-matchups?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=promo-lmm2021&utm_content=logos_marchmatchups_round1voting_mar2021%20(1)&spMailingID=6663352&spUserID=MzQyNDc4NzM3S0&spJobID=1220155565&spReportId=MTIyMDE1NTU2NQS2 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:22 PM

The link now shows a page with the 35% items listed, but the list is wrong. Items that have NOT been eliminated are listed and items that HAVE been eliminated are not.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 363
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:24 PM

Yeah, I just bought the one volume that I needed for the ZIBBC due to the link included in the email that had "the 35% off deals" for books that had lost, yet it is still in the running!!!! Sad

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:26 PM

David Wanat:

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

SineNomine:

What about Verbum Walk Happiness 2021?

https://verbum.com/bracket 

It's a whole bracket of books by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI!

I think I have all of the ones in the brackets 😕

Likewise, but now others can remedy weaknesses in their Libraries.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 2:04 PM

We are working to fix the issues. A couple technical hiccups have caused issues. We will let you know when things are corrected.

Posts 1070
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 8:13 AM

I think it's interesting that Kregel Exegetical Library | KEL (9 vols.) Has 13 items listed and one of those, A Commentary on the Psalms, 3 vols. (Kregel Exegetical Library), has 4 items listed. Not complaining, it's just a little understated.

https://www.logos.com/product/204007/kregel-exegetical-library-kel

Posts 1035
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 3:37 PM

No idea if it’s feasible, but could you have it show up (here and Verbum) which ones we own when we vote?

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 5239
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 4:28 PM

I bailed on the March thingy years ago. Got tired of the same people (Carson, Wright) and same sets (AYBC, NICOT/NT) getting chosen year after year. After the first 3-4 seasons, I got perpetually irritated that people would vote for same person year after year because rather than buy multiple titles from the winner, they would buy 1-2 and hope to pick up more by voting the same ticket the following year...ended up with Carson and Wright duking it out for about 7-8 years straight. Unnerving. I made a suggestion years ago that fell on deaf ears, but which I will repeat again, fwiw, which probably isn't much.

Instead of the brackets idea that pits Logos customers against each other and ultimately limits participation, FL should simply offer the pool and allow each customer to pick their own "winners". That way, I get to have a nice discount on the resources I'm interested in that always get voted out in the first round. Otherwise, I'm back to ignoring the March thingy. This is the first time of even looked at the bracket this year, and all I did was glance at it...can't even call it skimming.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 172
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2021 3:04 AM

David Paul:
FL should simply offer the pool and allow each customer to pick their own "winners". That way, I get to have a nice discount on the resources I'm interested in that always get voted out in the first round. Otherwise, I'm back to ignoring the March thingy.

Great idea.  I have the Commentary Blues this year.  Should the pool contain books that are not commentaries, and I could buy them single-o, I would be happy.

I maintain a cool neutrality to MM.  I like your unnerving. It brings a smile.  MM is just stale, a while.  May be forever.

Posts 77
1Cor10:31 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2021 11:30 AM

scooter:

David Paul:
FL should simply offer the pool and allow each customer to pick their own "winners". That way, I get to have a nice discount on the resources I'm interested in that always get voted out in the first round. Otherwise, I'm back to ignoring the March thingy.

Great idea.  I have the Commentary Blues this year.  Should the pool contain books that are not commentaries, and I could buy them single-o, I would be happy.

I maintain a cool neutrality to MM.  I like your unnerving. It brings a smile.  MM is just stale, a while.  May be forever.

I'm assuming these sales promos are not directed towards people who already have plenty of resources, but for newbies. Offering 60% discount on whatever the customer chooses can't be a profitable strategy for Logos. Otherwise, they would offer it. They are interested in customer satisfaction and maximizing some sort of profit function.

Here's a promo thought (and I am not a Marketing person), which is a simple variation of a volume discount. Offer a bunch of similar-priced resources (say between $500-$1000) on sale that a customer can choose from. If a customer buys only 1 resource, it will be 35% off (say). If a customer buys 2 resources, one will be 35% and another will be 40%. If a customer buys 3 resources, one will be 35%, one will be 40%, one will be 45%. Have a max limit of say 6 (so that max discount = 60%).  

Posts 1070
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2021 8:23 PM

David Wanat:

No idea if it’s feasible, but could you have it show up (here and Verbum) which ones we own when we vote?

I discovered this works since the beginning. Just click on the book cover and it opens the resource. If it doesn't open in a new tab, use right click.

Page 3 of 4 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS