Gratitude to God for Logos

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 86
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 28 2021 1:30 PM

I have thanked God for this resource multiple times over the past year...

First, it is amazing that we have the ability to explore His word like this with all kinds of tools that were either not available or manually much more difficult to use just a generation ago.

Second, that we are able to make connections and look things up in a fraction of the time and go deeper in both a vertical fashion and horizontally, seeing how things fit together-- it makes me think of mining new treasures and adds richness for me personally.

Third, that there is a community of people here to help and who are also interested in these things, far deeper and more knowledgeable than I am-- and that the internet makes this possible. Even scholars and professors that I would have known little about unless I spent years looking through public library shelves, limited to what was locally available until I would have discovered and tracked down things. I'm only mid 40's but I remember the paper card catalogs, rooms with typewriters and word processors that you would have to schedule time to write your papers, getting citations "just right" or getting marked down in red ink. What greater breadth and depth and efficiency we have today.

Fourth, and what just hit me was the incredible value that is in the books I have in my library. I was literally just thinking of sharing or sending a hardback book to someone as a thank you and I realized that I own it in Logos, completely searchable and linked for a tiny fraction of what it would cost as it came as part of a set. It's really humbling to think about in these times. I feel incredibly blessed.

I know sometimes there are times that some are frustrated with pricing or resourcing or some minor glitch or such, but I just wanted to pass along this perspective. At whatever level you are using this product, if you have 20 books or 10000 books, you are blessed. What an amazing effort of this company and an amazing gift of God in using technology for His glory. I am often frustrated with the way "the world" uses tech and internet because of the wickedness and sin that abounds. I thank God for this perspective shift this afternoon.

Blessings in Christ Jesus,
<3 Angela 

Posts 8042
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2021 1:45 PM

You can contribute to the same thread here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/5835.aspx that way we’ll continue with over a decade old tradition thanking God for the software 👍😁👌 I’m sure the tradition is older, but so far that’s the oldest thread that was resurrected recently with the exact same theme.

DAL

PS. Buy responsibly as Logos and its too many good sales CAN BE addictive 👍😁👌

Posts 86
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2021 2:53 PM

Done. Smile

Posts 1
Callum Woods | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2021 11:24 PM

- We live with the understanding that God is at the centre of the universe, not me. Everything belongs to Him and exists for His glory. The best things are for Him: time, strength, talents. Only He is worthy of it.

- We seek God's guidance. We recognise that we are only alive because of His grace. We belong to the Lord and want to live as He says in His Word.

- The most important, most important and most desirable thing is to worship God. We ourselves learn to live this way, and we prayerfully teach our children: Seek first the kingdom of God and all other things will be added. There is nothing more important and nothing more beautiful. Jesus is the best that can be. He alone is worthy of all your life and ministry. Do you want to give people the best? Tell them about Christ. And let your life of gratitude be a good testimony of your preaching.

Keep your eyes fixed on Christ, give your best to the Lord, and live for His glory. This is our wish for Thanksgiving. And for tomorrow, for every day of your life.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS