Windows or Mac? Finally decided.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2896
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 1 2021 8:59 PM

I have really struggled with whether I would switch to a new Mac with the M1 chip or buy another Windows laptop.  My deciding factor in choice of computers is Logos Bible Software.  

I had about decided to switch to a Mac, but then I was reading in Logos as I prepared my sermon.  I realized how much I use my touchscreen with Logos, especially when reading.  I cannot give that up!  It is natural now to reach my hand to the screen and scroll.  I do it without thinking about it.

I had not appreciated how much that is a part of how I use Logos!  Sticking with another Windows laptop.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 19385
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 10:16 PM

Hoping for a future Apple Silicon Mac model to include touch screen, which would include touch access for iOS apps.

Like Apple Silicon speed, but lack of touch screen provides disincentive for MacBook Air replacement purchase.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2748
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2021 10:36 PM

Good point. I mostly don't use the touchscreen on my XPS but I am way deep into it on my iPad. It still kind of surprises me that the Mac doesn't do it. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 985
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 6:47 AM

the choice has always seemed to me like the choice between a Toyota and a Cadillac. The Mac should be a better computer as they cost about twice as much.

Posts 452
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 1:56 PM

I drive Ford... because it works, does what I need it to do and is comfortable and not as expensive as Cadillac. 

I buy Windows computers for the same reason. 

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 316
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 5:29 PM

xnman:
I drive Ford... because it works

FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily seems like a good analogy when it comes to using Windows systems. Years ago I worked for a company mostly just keeping their windows machines operational. If they would have had Macs I would have been like the Maytag Repairman of yesteryear.

The old saying  "Macs just work" has proven true for me. . My 2013 MacBook Pro is still humming along swimmingly. 

Posts 5427
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2021 4:34 AM

xnman:

I drive Ford... because it works, does what I need it to do and is comfortable and not as expensive as Cadillac. 

I buy Windows computers for the same reason. 

I come to the opposite conclusion when I construct my 'total cost of ownership spreadsheet'.

That exercise often throws up some surprises when comparing sources for a mobile phone. Some 'good deals' are only good deals if you only expect to survive for six months.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS