"The End of Christianity" by William Dembski

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1557
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 4 2021 1:01 PM

The links in the Table of Content of this book don't work. They each point to some unreachable text / html file, attempting to open it in a web browser unsuccessfully. Please fix them.

(Is there a proper place/channel to report such content bugs?)

Peter

Posts 1142
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2021 3:12 PM

We currently have the epub version which means that faithlife ebooks forum is best. However I see on the product page that they are making a Logos edition and that will fix this problem.

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/product/39394/the-end-of-christianity

Posts 1557
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2021 3:23 PM

But the book information says it's a Logos Research Edition.

Posts 1142
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2021 4:24 PM

So it does. I guess they flubbed it. Perhaps they already know there is a problem which is why it isn't for sale now...

Posts 29586
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2021 5:35 PM

Tom Reynolds:

So it does. I guess they flubbed it. Perhaps they already know there is a problem which is why it isn't for sale now...

Historically, they have pulled books from FLEB once they know it’s going to Logos. I think there have been some exceptions recently, but I think the general rule still applies 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1142
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2021 7:22 PM

JT (alabama24):

Tom Reynolds:

Historically, they have pulled books from FLEB once they know it’s going to Logos. I think there have been some exceptions recently, but I think the general rule still applies 

Indeed, but as PL noted the book info page [CTRL+SHIFT+I] already says it's a Logos Research Edition so unless they updated the metadata before actually updating the book there's a problem.

Posts 29586
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 4:04 AM

Yes

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1599
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 7:15 AM

Sorry about that!

There was a premature metadata change. This is still very much an eBook.

The good news is I said "premature". This is actually being updated and turned into a Research edition. On our part that work is done but we need to finish up some metadata cleanup before we make it available. Since we've got a glut of other WordSearch related titles in the same place it might be another 3-4 weeks before we're able to push it out.

Posts 1557
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 7:37 AM

Thanks for the update, Kyle!

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS