March Madness dynamic pricing is off ???

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:09 PM

The Bible for Everyone:

I have all the NT and some OT. My dynamic price is $142.20. However if I buy the volumes I don't have individually, it comes to $175.84. 35% off of that would be $114.30. Shouldn't that be my dynamic price?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:19 PM

Here's the email I received:

Checking the March Madness web site, neither of these sets is listed for 35% off yet they were both eliminated in Round One.

There are other issues: Tyndale is listed as eliminated but it was not, so are REBC and NAC. Likely there are other mistakes.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 73
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:53 PM

The Michael Heiser mobile Ed bundle that lost first round isn’t showing 35% off either

Posts 2217
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 12:58 PM

They also have the SGBC and ICC in the 35% deals, but they have not been eliminated yet.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1075
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 1:08 PM

And here I was just beginning to think this year's MM was running so well.Sad

Posts 8071
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 1:58 PM

Dale E Heath:

And here I was just beginning to think this year's MM was running so well.Sad

Yep! I just went to the voting page for round 2 and it’s WAY out of wack! So now we really don’t know for sure what was supposed to be discounted or. not 🤦🏻‍♂️ Luckily I own most of the resources that are being offered 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 8071
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 2:07 PM

The team is working on the issue 👍😁👌

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 2:24 PM

DAL:
The team is working on the issue 👍😁👌

I hope it is the winning team. Wink

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8071
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 2:41 PM

More out of wack is the story a guy just posted on Facebook.  He claims he got the entire 17 volume of the PNTC for free with his Faithlife connect subscription.  He claims you get 3 free books every month and he’s been getting the PNTC for free 3 each month until he finally completed the set for free.  As far as I know it’s only classics/public domain stuff not premium.  Well, lucky him if he got it for free 👍😁👌

Posts 1104
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 9:19 PM

Hello DAL, the three books every month are from " Faithlife Classic Ebooks " 

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 9:41 PM

Some things are fixed, but dynamic pricing at least in one instance seems to still be off.

Kregel Exegetical: I lack James and the Minor Prophets. Regular cost for those: $45.96. Dynamic price today: $35.90. That's not a 35% savings. $29.88 would be. 

On others, my discount amounts to more than 35%.

This dynamic pricing continues to be a puzzle.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8071
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 2:45 AM

Lee:

Hello DAL, the three books every month are from " Faithlife Classic Ebooks " 

You are correct! But this guy on Facebook claims he got the PNTC set for free by getting them three at a time every month as part of his Connect benefits.  Everybody tried to explain that could be an error but he says it’s free and a permanent license. Go figure 🤔 

Posts 86
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 5:29 AM

Yeah, I noticed Dynamic pricing has had issues as well. Not just when things are on sale, but it seems like there might have been a line move on some where I click the hover over on the math-- where the discount for things owned may be taken off prior to the "normal" bundled discount. I've noticed on a couple things that it really messes with the final price. Almost like you get no value for what you already own.... which makes me way less likely to purchase things outside of a bundle initially. I would be more likely to procrastinate all purchases until I could both afford the bundle and wait for a sale. It's not like that on everything, but it doesn't seem like much advantage. I had buyer's remorse over a sale priced bundle when I looked at the larger bundle I want at a later time... I literally thought that perhaps I should have waited, even moreso because part of that was in a larger base package as well. 

This seems like maybe there was a change and it's not like that on all items. 

In theory, I would think it should all be proportional and also account for sales and be an actual incentive to purchase and build up instead of regretting making the lesser purchases. I don't understand the black box, but that's a consumer perspective. I'm all for transparency.

Posts 8071
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 9:39 PM

I got the last upgrade for FOB for $67 which is cheaper than the prepub price (https://www.logos.com/product/205210/focus-on-the-bible-commentary-series-fob) AND cheaper than the FOB collection they sell along with other book introductions (https://www.logos.com/product/176615/christian-focus-commentaries-and-guides) -- so as a result, I own everything now! The 12 volumes alone were $119 and the volumes along with the other books in the collection were $118, so it was a great deal with MM!

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS