Clicking on a scripture reference opens a second window of a resource.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1487
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2021 9:07 AM

I have had this issue often for years. Will keep MJs post in mind over the next few weeks and see if that helps. It is indeed an aggravating scenario!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 247
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2022 10:05 AM

This has been happening to me for years too and is very aggravating. I wish there were a way to turn down the sensitivity in Logos for drag & drop links because I end up constantly fixing my layout after a click splits a pane and then when I close it everything else resizes wrong. I use an Apple Magic Mouse so this may be related to the trackpad input. 

Posts 5
Rev. Don Godwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2022 1:23 PM

Yes... I didn't mention it before (I don't think), but perhaps the most annoying aspect of this issue is that when you close the newly opened (unnecessary) window, the current layout is messed up, which means you have to take a few extra seconds to fix it. And in doing so, you might not get window widths exactly as they were before; but if you work around this by refreshing the layout from the layout menu, you'll lose any changes you intentionally made to the layout (but hadn't saved).

Posts 2642
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2022 1:56 PM

I do a few things to avoid this issue:

1. I select the bible I want references to go to and select "send hyperlinks here". Click on the three dots on the upper right to find it.

2. Logos wants to open your top prioritized bible, so if you do not have one open, it will open one. Try moving the bible you are using to the top in priority.

3. I have two bibles open in the same pane, but two tabs... one for my study and the second for reference links. I never lose my place in my study or have to use the back button.

These seem to work for me. Try then as a work around.

Posts 5
Rev. Don Godwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2022 2:47 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, John.

I did try the "Send Hyperlinks Here" bit back when someone suggested it earlier; for some reason the feature did not work very reliably in my case. I don't know why. I guess I could try again.

I do ALWAYS, in every layout, have my top-prioritized Bible open. Also, I do keep two of them open in many of my layouts (so that when one auto-follows a resource, the other stays where I had it).

Though I've been using, and enjoying, Logos since 2008, I am not as adept as many of you folk are, so I do appreciate the patient and thoughtful responses.

Blessings to you,

DG

Posts 5917
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2022 12:19 AM

Rev. Don Godwin:

Interesting thought. Unfortunately I use a big external monitor, which in turn, due to my situation, requires closing my laptop lid, making my trackpad unavailable.

You can use an external one.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS