Logos 9.4 Beta 1 (9.4.0.0001)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3621
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 9 2021 5:15 PM

To change Logos 9 to the beta channel, enter the command Set update channel to beta in the Go Box. (Please see beta warnings and risks.)

To immediately update Logos 9 (if it is already set to beta channel), enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Mac

Windows

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2021 7:31 PM

Very nice updates, thanks! One request: In Factbook's Bookstore section, for the topic "Depression", I get one Catholic book and a bunch of Spanish books. I'm neither Catholic nor Spanish-reading. Is there a way to limit what appears in that Bookstore section?

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 2730
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2021 7:59 PM

PL:
In Factbook's Bookstore section, for the topic "Depression", I get one Catholic book and a bunch of Spanish books. I'm neither Catholic nor Spanish-reading. Is there a way to limit what appears in that Bookstore section?

The books in languages other than the language your application is set to are listed after all the others. So, if you are seeing those, it means that there aren't others being suggested.

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no filter for the Bookstore section.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 1985
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 12:43 AM

Andrew, can we add the ability to resize the window of drop down for parallel resources, the way we can resize our library drop down window or the guide drop down section window?

the reason is ... it is SOO HARD to see the book cover and the title of the book when the window cannot be resized. Plus the title of the resources are cut off because of the small & narrow window of the drop down. Very frustrating.

Thus the drop down parallel window would only benefit for the most common resources used, because people only recognize the book cover they always used. And this would make the unused resources/commentaries never being used or discovered at all.

Thanks.

Posts 3621
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 9:43 AM

mike:

Andrew, can we add the ability to resize the window of drop down for parallel resources, the way we can resize our library drop down window or the guide drop down section window?

the reason is ... it is SOO HARD to see the book cover and the title of the book when the window cannot be resized. Plus the title of the resources are cut off because of the small & narrow window of the drop down. Very frustrating.

Thus the drop down parallel window would only benefit for the most common resources used, because people only recognize the book cover they always used. And this would make the unused resources/commentaries never being used or discovered at all.

Thanks.

Mike,

I would recommend you add this as a suggestion to https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app.

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 12:13 PM

I was hoping that we would be able to export text in the font of our choice in this beta. Is there any timetable for that feature?

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 1:20 PM

What does "Application Shell -> Removed frame rate limit" refer to? Is there a thread where this has been discussed? What are the expected behavior changes and side effects?

No objection, just trying to understand... Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 2730
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2021 1:54 PM

Donnie Hale:
What does "Application Shell -> Removed frame rate limit" refer to? Is there a thread where this has been discussed? What are the expected behavior changes and side effects?

Up until now, the Windows application was coded to have a limited frame rate for various animations. Systems have gotten much more powerful since this was introduced, and performance in this area should no longer be a concern. This should increase the smoothness of various animations, for example, opening and closing the homepage (which slides down from the top).

Posts 1993
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2021 1:18 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Up until now, the Windows application was coded to have a limited frame rate for various animations. Systems have gotten much more powerful since this was introduced, and performance in this area should no longer be a concern. This should increase the smoothness of various animations, for example, opening and closing the homepage (which slides down from the top).

Yes Thanks for the reply.

Donnie

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 1:26 PM

Bump

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 2730
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 6:28 PM

Randall Cue:

I was hoping that we would be able to export text in the font of our choice in this beta. Is there any timetable for that feature?

I'm sorry, there is no timetable for that feature.

Posts 622
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2021 3:25 PM

That's very disappointing, but thank you for your response.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS