Dan DeVilder Post Count - question

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 1:18 AM

Absolutely right, Jim. Saves cluttering up the forum with a lot of extra threads. Angel

Or it could just be a "stream-of-consciousness" thing. Wink

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:18 AM

Rosie Perera:

I'm sure others here have me beat, but I learned FORTRAN using punched cards. We used to have to submit our card deck to the system operator and come back the next day for the results.

EDIT: I also had a summer job for IBM programming in APL.

Programmed in all those + Assembler, Cobol & Basic. One day I dropped & spread a whole box of punched cards over the floor, quickly re-assembled them, handed in the box and got a perfect compilation the following day!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:56 AM

Dave Hooton:
... Cobol & Basic. One day I dropped & spread a whole box of punched cards over the floor, quickly re-assembled them ...

So, high-level and assembler ... Smile

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 10:04 PM

Seems like my post count is stuck on 5 now. Pretty sure I had over 100.

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2010 10:45 PM

Joshua Garcia:

Seems like my post count is stuck on 5 now. Pretty sure I had over 100.

Yes, I do remember you had way more than this. You must have changed your email address recently. The forum account is tied to your email address. Right now the only way it can be fixed is manually by the forum developer. Email forums@logos.com and they'll take care of it for you. Hopefully someday they'll be able to update the forum software so it doesn't wipe out people's post count when they change email addresses. We do have a permanent Logos ID besides our email address, so perhaps they could peg the post count to that.

Posts 2961
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 3 2010 10:46 AM

Dave Hooton:

One day I dropped & spread a whole box of punched cards over the floor, quickly re-assembled them, handed in the box and got a perfect compilation the following day!

Nice to know that someone had showed you about line numbers and that you used them.  My first program was 30 inches of punched tape. Still have a copy.

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 4 2010 12:32 AM

David Ames:
Nice to know that someone had showed you about line numbers and that you used them.

It was more to do with the physics of dropped cards and a shiny floor!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS