Kerux Commentaries Hebrews

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 8337
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 18 2021 3:47 PM

I just checked the preview on this: https://www.logos.com/product/203068/hebrews-a-commentary-for-biblical-preaching-and-teaching

First time I see a commentary stating Barnabas is the author of Hebrews all through out. See clippings from it below:

1:3d “Shifting emphasis to the installation of “a son” as the messianic Son of promise, Barnabas united two messianic concepts: priest and king.”

“The one with whom the royal-priest sat, according to Barnabas, was “the Majesty on high” (τῆς μεγαλωσύνης ἐν ὑψηλοῖς). Barnabas’s description of God as “Majesty” (μεγαλωσύνη) was somewhat unique, occurring only three times in NT writings (Heb. 1:38:1Jude 1:25).”

“The basis for Barnabas’s warning is the message about the messianic Son of promise written about in chapter 1. People who professed to know th...”

“In 2:10–18, Barnabas explained God’s beneficent intention introduced in verse 9b.”

In his explanation about God’s beneficent plan for the messianic Son of promise, Barnabas underscored that Jesus’s gruesome death equipped him to be the leader God intended him to be.”

“Barnabas concluded with the accomplishments and limitations of Jesus’s incarnation.”

“Yet, Barnabas clarified that these accomplishments were not for angels but rather limited to people (vv. 14–16). Barnabas ended with one final intention about Jesus’s incarnation, namely, to stress Jesus’s qualification to be a merciful, faithful high priest who was able to understand and aid people (vv. 17–18).”

“Barnabas’s twofold theme stressed in this unit was God’s divine favor and the messianic Son of promise’s relationship with his family of followers and accomplishments.”

Literally, Every other sentence the author of this commentary says, “Barnabas said this, Barnabas is doing this or that, Barnabas here, Barnabas there, etc.  By the time someone is done reading this commentary the only thing they’ll probably remember is going to be the name Barnabas 😂😂😂 Who ever buys this commentary PLEASE RUN A SEARCH for the name Barnabas and let us know how many times it’s mentioned in this commentary.  I’m pretty sure it’ll be close to 100,000 times 😂😂😂

DAL

Posts 688
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 18 2021 7:42 PM

I like the idea of this series and for that reason, I too looked at the preview and noticed its use of Barnabas. Pretty bold assertion, especially when  it was Origen (I think) who said, "Only God knows who wrote Hebrews."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS