BUG: Commentaries without denomination that are fairly easily identified.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33233
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 19 2021 1:24 AM

Eastern Orthodox

• Sparks, Jack Norman. The Orthodox Study Bible: Notes. Thomas Nelson, 2008.

Catholic

• Upchurch, Catherine, Irene Nowell, and Ronald D. Witherup, eds. Little Rock Catholic Study Bible. Revised Edition. Little Rock, AR: Little Rock Scripture Study, 2011.
  • Senior, Donald, John J. Collins, and Mary Ann Getty, eds. The Catholic Study Bible, 2nd Ed.: Notes. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2011.
  • Wansbrough, Henry, ed. The New Jerusalem Bible. New York; London; Toronto; Sydney; Auckland: Doubleday, 1990.

Lutheran

• Hoeber, Robert G. Concordia Self-Study Bible. Electronic ed. St. Louis: Concordia Pub. House, 1997.

Patristic

• Bell, James Stuart, ed. Ancient Faith Study Bible. Nashville, TN: Holman Bibles, 2019.

Judaism

• Levy, Sarah, and Steven Levy. The JPS Rashi Discussion Torah Commentary. JPS Study Bible Series. Philadelphia: The Jewish Publication Society, 2017.
  • Berlin, Adele, Marc Zvi Brettler, and Michael Fishbane, eds. The Jewish Study Bible. New York: Oxford University Press, 2004.
  • Sarna, Nahum M. Genesis. The JPS Torah Commentary. Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society, 1989.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 131
Olli-Pekka Ylisuutari | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2021 2:28 AM

While we're at it, I made a test using my Commentary Collections checking out whether commentaries written by known authors/scholars with a Lutheran background show up in the new PG that has the option to sort out commentaries by denomination.

It shows up that these (that I own and that are Lutheran) do not show up in the PG:

• Terence Fretheim’s Genesis NIB Commentary (NIB Series is strangely one big resource; has this something to do with it?)
  • Arland J. Hultgren’s The Parables of Jesus (which is type:Bible Commentary),
  • Mark A. Seifrid’s Pillar Commentary on 2nd Corinthians,
  • Dieter Lührmann’s Commentary on Galatians on Continental Commentary -series and
  • Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Discipleship (which is type:Monograph; should it rather be type:Bible Commentary, since it is a commentary on the Sermon on the Mount?)

I didn’t have the chance to check out whether the Concordia Commentary -series shows up in the Lutheran part of the PG, since I don’t own them – and they never seem to go on sale…

Logos 9 Anglican Diamond, Logos 9 Lutheran Diamond

Posts 1630
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2021 9:47 AM

Thanks. I'll take a look.

As an FYI "Judaism" isn't supported at this time.

Posts 33233
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2021 1:59 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

You sure fooled me:

Err 1

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5546
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2021 2:05 PM

MJ. Smith:

Kyle G. Anderson:

You sure fooled me:

It's actually "Catholic" that isn't supported at this time.

Posts 182
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2021 2:36 PM

SineNomine:

MJ. Smith:

Kyle G. Anderson:

You sure fooled me:

It's actually "Catholic" that isn't supported at this time.

Yes

KSC

“The greatest single cause of atheism...is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Marshall

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS