BUG: Right Click Menu in Layouts (macOS 11.2.3 on M1 MBA)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 22 2021 4:54 PM

The right click menu (press and hold the control key) is not working for me on my MacBook Air (M1). I don't know if this is unique to the M1, or if it applies to all Macs. The menu will not persist; the user cannot select and option and the layout in question loads. This prevents things like renaming and deleting layouts. Here is a screenshot and logs. 

LogosLogs

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 At 7.46.21 PM

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1916
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2021 3:12 AM

I am seeing the issue on an Intel Mac also (11.2.3). When I CTRL-click (as right-click) on a layout the right-click menu briefly flashes and then the layout opens as if I had left-clicked normally.

However, the regular way that I use to right-click is to use the two-finger click on the trackpad, and that works as normal. 

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2021 8:16 AM

Levi Durfey:
However, the regular way that I use to right-click is to use the two-finger click on the trackpad, and that works as normal.

Thanks. I have never used that before. It does work! I am not likely to remember it and like keyboard commands... but it is helpful in the meantime. Smile

Posts 3620
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2021 12:22 PM

We have a case open for this bug, I've added a link to this thread.

Posts 10831
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2021 2:21 PM

For me, the menu not only disappeared quickly, the app then loaded the target layout.

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2021 2:23 PM

Jack Caviness:
For me, the menu not only disappeared quickly, the app then loaded the target layout.

yes, that is what I experience as well. I will have to remember the two finger click in the meantime! 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS