NAS 2020 and the Importance of Communicating with the Customer

Page 3 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 1263
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2021 12:13 PM

You can enter "Update Now" in the Go box to force Logos to download any updates that are available. But I don't expect it until the end of the day.

Posts 1120
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2021 4:53 PM

I'm guessing part of the problem is that Logos acquired WordSearch last year and had thousands of books they had to rush into production.  That pushed everything back I would guess.

I learned a long time ago to just order things and forget about them.  Not perfect, but take what I can get.

I read a bit about the 2020 and decided to continue with my 95.  I didn't like what I read about gender issues.  If you have the 95, what do you need the 2020 for?  Same Bible.  

Posts 1263
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2021 8:48 PM

Logos servers seem slow this evening, but the NASB 2020 has now downloaded to my laptop and it is indexing. Looking forward to running the Text Comparison tool in Logos. Big Smile

Posts 9628
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 6:18 AM

Harry Hahne:
Looking forward to running the Text Comparison tool in Logos.

I too was interested in this and have been comparing the 3 NASB versions. I'm very thankful for so many excellent tools in Logos.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 31
David Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 6:24 AM

I have downloaded the NASB 2020, but it is lacking some features and Visual Filters.

For example, it does not have the Factbook button, nor the interlinear button.

Is that what others are experiencing?

Maybe that stuff will come later?

Posts 9628
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 6:30 AM

The NASB just released is just the base text. It has not yet been announced if there will be a reverse interlinear but I'm optimistic that it will come later.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1120
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 9:41 AM

Better communication requires either shifting staff from perhaps more important tasks or hiring staff which will increase their costs.  

Make the observations and then let them do what they do.

NASB is hardly a resource that the Christian world has been waiting for with bated breath.  From what I've read, I'll stick to NASB95.

Posts 42
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 9:50 AM

I was under the impression that the delay in release was due to the Logos team tagging the resource but I stand corrected. Any idea how long that process usually takes?

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 10:40 AM

abondservant:
To be fair, the other version is basically an ebook. Logos puts in a lot more effort to ensure all the tagging and milestones are accurate and in place.

Well this didn't age well did it? :-) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Logos released basically an ebook while the other one is a fully tagged book and has been from the beginning. This release is an embarrassment for Logos.

Posts 33440
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 11:28 AM

No reverse interlinear is mentioned on the product page.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1657
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 11:33 AM

David Watson:

I have downloaded the NASB 2020, but it is lacking some features and Visual Filters.

Could you give more information on this? What Visual Filters is it lacking. I'm not able to repo this.

Kevin A. Purcell:

Logos released basically an ebook

I'm not following this comment. What do you mean by this?

Posts 31
David Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 12:14 PM

I can't do the Corresponding words > Same lemma.

Also, I can't see my highlights.

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 12:17 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:
Could you give more information on this? What Visual Filters is it lacking. I'm not able to repo this.

Kyle G. Anderson:

They both mean that there isn't a reverse interlinear... 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 12:19 PM

David Watson:

I can't do the Corresponding words > Same lemma.

Also, I can't see my highlights.

The resource does not yet have a reverse interlinear. You can create highlights based on the surface text, but "corresponding words" and highlights from other bibles will not work. 

It is likely that a reverse interlinear will come... but you will need to acquire it. I assume that it will be included with the Faithlife Connect subscription, else you will need to make a purchase. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2521
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 1:38 PM

I wonder if the NASB1995 will no longer be available like the NIV 1984?  If this is the case, then Faithlife will have to develop a reverse interlinear at some point.

Posts 4745
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 1:44 PM

Ronald Quick:

I wonder if the NASB1995 will no longer be available like the NIV 1984?  If this is the case, then Faithlife will have to develop a reverse interlinear at some point.

That would be my guess, just like the NIV84. I've seen that they said they would keep printing the 95 but I believe it was the same w/ the 84. Sales will sink and they will be forced to pull the 95.  I hope not but we will see.  I haven't looked at it much but I have seen grumbling about the gender neutral language (e.g. brethen to brothers and sisters) so we will see. I'm more excited about the LSB and hope that arrives soon.

Posts 33440
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 2:19 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Kevin A. Purcell:

Logos released basically an ebook

What they mean is that they are privileged users - not used to using Bibles without reverse interlinears like 3 of my top 5 Bibles i.e. NJB, JPS, and REB

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 3:35 PM

MJ. Smith:
What they mean is that they are privileged users - not used to using Bibles without reverse interlinears like 3 of my top 5 Bibles i.e. NJB, JPS, and REB

No I mean that when another post early in this thread said that the other company just released an ebook, that's not true and then Logos basically just released an ebook. 

As for other translations not having RI, I would not enjoy using those translations. If I had to, I'd probably go where I could get such features. Fortunately, every major translation that I use has it in Logos so I can use them here. I had hoped to begin using NASB 2020 with it in Logos and am disappointed they took this long and didn't include it. 1st world problem I know and I'll get over it.

Posts 3165
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 4:17 PM

For those questioning the functionality existing with the NASB2020, I would point out the obvious, the price which telegraphed that RI function would likely be absent.

I would suggest that our efforts and comments shift towards requesting that RI functionality be made a priority for this resource. The resource capabilities are consistent with other Bibles offered without RI features like say the TNIV which I find to be a useful dynamic equivalent Bible and I might add is no longer available for purchase.

Has anyone bothered to create a feature request for updating the NASB2020? I would certainly vote for it.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 5858
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2021 6:36 PM

We shouldn’t have to put in a feature request… FL should have clearly communicated their plans or otherwise for a RI for this version instead leaving users disappointed and speculating.

Page 3 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS