What is the Logos Pericope?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24
Ryan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 25 2021 2:42 AM

What is the Logos pericope? I thought pericopes were basically the headings in different Bible translations. So isn't LEB the Logos version of this or is there a "Logos" Bible too?

Posts 32505
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 2:59 AM

By "Logos" pericope, I assume you mean the pericopes used in Factbook as the "standard pericope" which are documented in the compare pericope tool as the "Logos" pericope. In the compare pericope tool you can see the LEB, LES, LES(AT), and Logos pericope schemes side by side.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5357
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 8:16 AM

Ryan:
I thought pericopes were basically the headings in different Bible translations.

pericope A selection from a larger literary work. In biblical studies, a pericope is a distinct section of text analyzed as a literary unit.

Posts 2349
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 11:07 AM

I'm grateful for the Passage Analysis Toolwhich allows me to select various Pericope sets and visually compare where different works break up pericopes differently. Jn 13:31ff reveal reveal where Logos Pericope Set differs from LEB

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 32505
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 12:01 PM

Ryan:
I thought pericopes were basically the headings in different Bible translations

For centuries pericope was basically used for the units read as lessons from the lectionary or prayerbook see Pericope Homepage (academic) and PERICOPE - A resource for pastors (pastoral). As Bible headings is a new use of the term.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 6:29 PM

Ah okay! That makes sense! I was so confused and had no idea what that was! I was referring to the Passage Analysis/Compare Pericope tool and just happened to notice the Logos header. I do see the difference between LEB and Logos in a verse such as Jn 13:31. Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS