Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 46 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 243
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 8:28 AM

Fr Devin Roza:

One of the features that we still need on the Home Page card is for the selection of the date to not actually open the Layout, but to simply give you the options for the Liturgical Date. For example, today's options are (1) Saturday of the Seventh Week of Easter, or (2) St. Rita or (3) Pentecost Vigil. These options have already been identified (quite accurately as best I can see) in the Catholic Daily Readings resource. 

Only after you select which of those options you want should the Liturgical Layout open up, and then it should navigate all liturgical resources to the option you chose, but defaulting to another one of the options for the day in the case that the option you chose does not exist in the resource.

Another functionality that I find would be helpful for the proper working of these resources would be the ability to indicate a Master-Slave relationship in the linksets. In a master-slave linkset, moving around the master option would navigate all the slave resources with it. But moving a slave resource would not affect the master resources. This would allow us to use linksets with all these resources in a fruitful way, I believe. Currently with a master-master relationship, I find it to be better to avoid linksets. 

That calendar/day picker function would be great.  How awesome would it be, to be able to add that picker/control functionality to any resource which could do date-based navigation?

I also like the idea of a master-slave (unidirectional?) link set.  I've used "Send Hyperlinks Here" as a sort of workaround at times, although a one-way link set would be very cool, and would save screen real estate/system memory when compared to a dedicated hyperlink target window.

Thanks for FCS, Father!  It's a killer resource to have in Logos/Verbum.

Posts 12076
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 8:40 AM

Brian Losabia:

Fr Devin Roza:

Another functionality that I find would be helpful for the proper working of these resources would be the ability to indicate a Master-Slave relationship in the linksets. In a master-slave linkset, moving around the master option would navigate all the slave resources with it. But moving a slave resource would not affect the master resources. This would allow us to use linksets with all these resources in a fruitful way, I believe. Currently with a master-master relationship, I find it to be better to avoid linksets. 

I also like the idea of a master-slave (unidirectional?) link set.  I've used "Send Hyperlinks Here" as a sort of workaround at times, although a one-way link set would be very cool, and would save screen real estate/system memory when compared to a dedicated hyperlink target window.

The master-slave or unidirectional link set is available when you put resources into a multi-resource pane. The first/left resource is the master, all others are the slaves. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 2:25 PM

Brian Losabia:

Thanks for FCS, Father!  It's a killer resource to have in Logos/Verbum.

Glad you find it useful! Smile The project for the book actually was a fruit of conversations with Andrew Jones about what type of resources / books Verbum might need!

NB.Mick:

The master-slave or unidirectional link set is available when you put resources into a multi-resource pane. The first/left resource is the master, all others are the slaves. 

Yes, very true! The disadvantage, of course, to the multi-resource pane is that all the texts have to be visible on the screen at the same time. For the liturgical texts, this isn't ideal (unless you have a really big monitor!), especially if you also want to have the Bible and maybe a commentary, etc. open as well, as in the Lectionary layout. In the Lectionary layout all the liturgical resources are hidden one behind the other as tabs, which solves the screen real-estate problem, but unfortunately there is no master-slave possibility in that case.  

Posts 110
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 8:12 PM

It only works if there's a feast day. It does not work for May 22, also for Saturdays the Evening Prayer for the next day, Sunday should be given.

Logos advertised this as something that would eliminate page flipping and ribbons (bookmarks), is this going to become available? Right now LOTH is not useful at all for me in Verbum.

LOTH is something to pray, I certainly understand why ribbons and page flipping are needed in a printed LOTH if it was printed in linear form the books would be tens of thousands of pages long. This is avoided in digital format but we don't have it, but we COULD have it, that is, it's possible, and I believe it's needed and that's what I paid for because that's what was advertised.

Posts 1255
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 8:51 PM

David J. Ring, Jr.:

It only works if there's a feast day. It does not work for May 22, also for Saturdays the Evening Prayer for the next day, Sunday should be given.

Logos advertised this as something that would eliminate page flipping and ribbons (bookmarks), is this going to become available? Right now LOTH is not useful at all for me in Verbum.

LOTH is something to pray, I certainly understand why ribbons and page flipping are needed in a printed LOTH if it was printed in linear form the books would be tens of thousands of pages long. This is avoided in digital format but we don't have it, but we COULD have it, that is, it's possible, and I believe it's needed and that's what I paid for because that's what was advertised.

Well, following the suggestions in the blog post about adding it as a tab to the lectionary, it will take you for the readings of the day you select on the calendar, Holy Day or not. But the "Today" button, you are correct.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 110
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 9:09 PM

Is there a way to do this in the Mobile app that I carry with me, or must i only do this from a Desktop computer running Windows or Mac Verbum program?  

Posts 1255
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 9:32 PM

David J. Ring, Jr.:

Is there a way to do this in the Mobile app that I carry with me, or must i only do this from a Desktop computer running Windows or Mac Verbum program?  

Unfortunately, I know of no way to do it in the tablet.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS