Turning off emails

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 25 2021 10:56 AM

I'm getting too many irrelevant emails. Namely, items related to "FL Church Products" keep landing in my email box even though I've explicitly said I don't want these.

I even had a chat with customer support, and she affirmed that my email preferences should filter these specific things out, but they keep coming. My chat with Slav of their tech support chat ended (as it usually does) in the conversation just going away and no resolution. "I'll let the team know" hasn't really gotten anywhere because who knows what that actually means?

Is this a question? I don't know. I don't want to mark all FL emails as spam, but I don't suspect any of the wonderfully helpful residents on this forum have any authority. But maybe some palliative answers will soothe me a bit.

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 11:02 AM

Lew Worthington:
she affirmed that my email preferences should filter these specific things out

Which specific boxes (and sub boxes) are checked HERE

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 11:03 AM

FWIW - I have created a mail rule so that all FL emails moved to a special folder.

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 11:31 AM

JT (alabama24):

Which specific boxes (and sub boxes) are checked HERE

I have turned OFF "Faithlife Church Products". And the customer support person was in agreement that this was the category of email. I have all Logos, Verbum, FL Connect, and Noet turned ON.

And, yes, I can create rules to drop them into trash and all that, but it just seems that FL's email preferences isn't doing what it's supposed to. Either that, or maybe they have a general category that cannot be turned off.

Posts 733
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 4:05 PM

Anyone know how do you turn off repeated sales calls and texts?

Posts 440
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 4:47 PM

JH:

Anyone know how do you turn off repeated sales calls and texts?

Years back, they had a Do-Not-Contact switch, which worked great. I don't know if it still exists (or even existed), but it still works great years later.

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 5:24 PM

On Faithlife under your avatar on the right, select notification preferences ... follow instructions.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 4:38 AM

Bump. The issue persists. (I think some of the previous responses sort of took us off-topic.)

The point: I've turned OFF FL Church Product promotional emails, but I keep getting them, the latest warning me that my church needs to buy Equip before the price goes up. I know FL staff isn't obligated to read these, but calls and emails have done nothing. Perhaps someone with authority will trip across this thread.

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 5:14 AM

If your birthday isn’t soon, turn them all off. 

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 6:36 AM

Right, but that kind of misses the point. I DO want other promotional things because, well, because. And I know there are others receiving these. My current theory is that they're somehow linked to the church products sales person. I've written him and we'll see if that collects any successful fruit.

Posts 29730
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 8:20 AM

Lew Worthington:
Right, but that kind of misses the point.

Perhaps. That would be true if we knew for sure that the emails you are receiving are coming from the stream you have turned off. We don't know that for sure, however. I agree that it makes sense, but it may not be. If you turn everything off, then you can narrow it down to one of two things:

1. The system is broken <OR> 
  2. You are receiving emails from a divergent list group which may not be controlled by these settings. 

Out of curiosity: Is there a "remove me from this list" link in the email? That may be worth a try too. 

Posts 772
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 8:48 AM

I had a similar issue with a different site, when I had signed up previously with a different email address. Following the links in the email to unsubscribe led me to my currently logged in account where unsubscribing did not impact the address I was actually receiving the mail on. I had email forwarding from the other account, so kept receiving them in my normal inbox.

Maybe similar issue, maybe not, but possible if you do use or have used other email addresses previously for Logos.

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 9:03 AM

JT (alabama24):

Perhaps. That would be true if we knew for sure that the emails you are receiving are coming from the stream you have turned off. We don't know that for sure, however. I agree that it makes sense, but it may not be. If you turn everything off, then you can narrow it down to one of two things:

1. The system is broken <OR> 
  2. You are receiving emails from a divergent list group which may not be controlled by these settings. 

Out of curiosity: Is there a "remove me from this list" link in the email? That may be worth a try too. 

Good question. They always include a link to change my preferences which, as mentioned earlier, hasn't changed much. You're right about not knowing which category this email falls into, but their customer support rep seemed in agreement that "Faithlife Church Products" is the only reasonable category. I'd love it if someone from FL would chime in here.

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 9:04 AM

Kevin:

I had a similar issue with a different site, when I had signed up previously with a different email address. Following the links in the email to unsubscribe led me to my currently logged in account where unsubscribing did not impact the address I was actually receiving the mail on. I had email forwarding from the other account, so kept receiving them in my normal inbox.

Maybe similar issue, maybe not, but possible if you do use or have used other email addresses previously for Logos.

I've only ever (20+ years) used one email address. Good thought, though.

Posts 517
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2021 5:52 AM

Lew Worthington:
I have turned OFF "Faithlife Church Products". And the customer support person was in agreement that this was the category of email. I have all Logos, Verbum, FL Connect, and Noet turned ON.

Hi Lee, I have the same problem, with pretty much the same preferences as you have. I started getting frequent Faithlife Church Products emails after installing Proclaim, although I don't remember signing up for any emails by doing so. With Faithlife Church Products turned off, I wouldn't expect to get them. I replied to one a few weeks ago to communications@faithlifemail.com asking to be removed from the mailing list, but haven't had a response back. It's no big deal, I'm just deleting the emails after they arrive since many are pushing Equip which I don't want, although a few others are interesting. But I'd still like to be in control of what I receive. Just thought that I'd let you know that you're not alone in receiving more emails than you expect.

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2021 6:54 AM

Thanks, John. I've seen others with a similar experience. I can deal with it, but it seems that these emails are just not subject to the users' preferences. 

Lew

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS